The Australian PGA Championship begins tomorrow at the Palmer Coolum Resort in Queensland, where some of the best golfers in the world will have to navigate an unusual hazard — a 26-foot-tall mechanical T-Rex named Jeff.
According to the AP, Jeff the T-Rex is situated between the ninth green and tenth tee, and “flips its tail and opens its mouth to unleash a menacing roar when anyone approaches.” Jeff will be powered down during the tournament.
Predictably, the Australian PGA is pissed off, and will be moving next year’s tournament to a new course after 11 years at the Palmer Coolum Resort.
3. The owner of the course, billionaire Clive Palmer, wants to turn the resort into a theme park with more dinosaurs, and even a replica of the Titanic.
In sum: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Australian John Hammond. Australian John Hammond destroys sanctity of golf.
The dinosaur will be a massive distraction for the entirety of the weekend, but Adam Scott and Greg Norman will cope with it, because golf, uh, finds a way.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- Several states will keep enforcing bans against transgender discrimination in schools after Trump withdrew guidelines protecting students.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷