The Australian PGA Championship begins tomorrow at the Palmer Coolum Resort in Queensland, where some of the best golfers in the world will have to navigate an unusual hazard — a 26-foot-tall mechanical T-Rex named Jeff.
According to the AP, Jeff the T-Rex is situated between the ninth green and tenth tee, and “flips its tail and opens its mouth to unleash a menacing roar when anyone approaches.” Jeff will be powered down during the tournament.
Predictably, the Australian PGA is pissed off, and will be moving next year’s tournament to a new course after 11 years at the Palmer Coolum Resort.
3. The owner of the course, billionaire Clive Palmer, wants to turn the resort into a theme park with more dinosaurs, and even a replica of the Titanic.
In sum: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Australian John Hammond. Australian John Hammond destroys sanctity of golf.
The dinosaur will be a massive distraction for the entirety of the weekend, but Adam Scott and Greg Norman will cope with it, because golf, uh, finds a way.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩