We recently asked members of BuzzFeed Community to tell us their favorite romantic film quotes. Here are some of the most swoon-worthy responses.
2. "You make me want to be a better man."
—Melvin Udall, As Good As It Gets
Suggested by Eric H., via Facebook
3. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return."
—Christian, Moulin Rouge
Suggested by beccas496c0568c
5. "If you're a bird, I'm a bird."
—Noah, The Notebook
Suggested by Elle C., via Facebook
6. "I will return. I will find you. Love you. Marry you. And live without shame."
—Robbie Turner, Atonement
Suggested by Molly L., via Facebook
8. "But the heart's not like a box that gets filled up. It expands in size the more you love."
Suggested by jblair93
9. "Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise."
Suggested by libbyenglish2000
11. "Shut up and deal."
—Fran Kubelik, The Apartment
Suggested by therblig
12. "I love you very much, probably more than anybody could love another person."
—Henry, 50 First Dates
Suggested by ericaf41500c0d9
14. "I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental — like on a breeze, but I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time. I miss you, Jenny. If there's anything you need, I won't be far away."
—Forrest, Forrest Gump
Suggested by Marah G., via Facebook
15. "You will never age for me, nor fade, nor die."
—Will, Shakespeare in Love
Suggested by Dana S., via Facebook
17. "People call those imperfections, but no, that's the good stuff."
—Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting
Suggested by Chelsea B., via Facebook
18. "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
—Johnny, Dirty Dancing
Suggested by ebonyg3
20. "I love you, but you don't know what you're talking about."
—Sam, Moonrise Kingdom
Suggested by mischief1managed
21. "I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
—Harry Burns, When Harry Met Sally
Suggested by natalier14
23. "The only way you can beat my crazy was by doing something crazy yourself. Thank you. I love you. I knew it the minute I met you. I'm sorry it took so long for me to catch up. I just got stuck."
—Pat, The Silver Linings Playbook
Ginger Lee T., via Facebook
24. "I knew I'd never be able to remember what Nina wore that day. But I also knew I'd never forget the way she looked."
—George Banks, The Father of the Bride
Suggested by Lauren W., via Facebook
26. "In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you."
—Mac MacGuff, Juno
Suggested by Rachel D., via Facebook
27. "I love you. Not like they told you love is, and I didn't know this either, but love don't make things nice, it ruins everything. It breaks your heart. It makes things a mess. We aren't here to make things perfect. The snowflakes are perfect. The stars are perfect. Not us. Not us! We are here to ruin ourselves and to break our hearts and love the wrong people and die. The storybooks are bullshit."
Suggested by zacha4a7be41b7
29. "I was looking up… it was the nearest thing to heaven! You were there…"
—Terry, An Affair to Remember
Suggested by gabykoehler
30. "But the you who you are tonight is the same you I was in love with yesterday, the you I'll be in love with tomorrow."
—Adam, If I Stay
Suggested by laurenl4d63cdd33
32. "Can't you see? Every step I have taken, since I was that little girl on the bridge, was to bring me closer to you."
—Sayuri, Memoirs of a Geisha
Suggested by Danielle C., via Facebook
33. "I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly."
—Kathleen Kelly, You've Got Mail
Suggested by angelinaandersonm
35. "I've fallen in love. I'm an ordinary woman. I didn't think such violent things could happen to ordinary people."
—Laura, Brief Encounter
Suggested by emelya
36. "I wish I knew how to quit you."
—Jack Twist, Brokeback Mountain
Suggested by emilyjmiller