1. Go velvet.
2. Build your bling collection.
Neckalces: they aren't just for women. Use a short necklace with a collared shirt or a long necklace with a V-neck or simple shirt to add a pseudo-layer. Look, even Gosling is into it.
3. If a necklace is too scary, go for the chain collar/collar tips.
4. Time to get some colorful shoelaces.
5. Trade your solids for some patterns.
Stripes are classic, but patterns extend beyond geometric shapes. A simple splash of ornamentation can quirk-ify your style and is also a great alternative for people who aren't into bright colors. Here are some cool patterned chambray options.
6. Meet the tie bar/tie clip.
7. Get some pocket squares.
8. Wear more bow ties.
9. Branch out: try a linen blazer.
10. Opt for a leather or fabric strap watch.
11. Make a statement with your socks.
Though it might be tempting to buy your socks in bulk, wearing bright socks is one of the simplest ways to grab attention. They shouldn't match and you shouldn't be sorry about it. Find some cool foot swag here.
12. Or just skip socks altogether.
13. Embrace colored pants.
14. Get more fitted T-shirts.
15. Step up your raincoat game.
A reliable, light raincoat is your best friend on those chilly or rainy days when you don't want to deal with an umbrella. Plus, a colorful one can boost your look without overpowering it. Make sure though that you bring a blazer when you try your raincoat on in order to make sure it will fit over your layers. These ones are pretty neat.
16. Pair a suit jacket with shorts.
17. Add a vest.
It's simple. It's cotton, it's corduroy, it's wool — it's whatever you want. But it gives your look a classic, retro-ish vibe without trying too hard.
18. Wear wide-brimmed hats.
19. Suspenders aren't just for Wall Street.
Some people worry that suspenders feel to costume-y, but they're just an accessory like any other. Go a step further though and opt for a patterned or textured pair instead of a solid color. Go big or go home, y'all.
20. Wear scarves. And wear them low.
It's the modern take on the ascot. You can use it it to make your look sportier and well thought out without strangling yourself with a tie. Not sure how to wear it? Check out this helpful guide.
21. Look into puffer vests.
Not only do these vests keep you warm in the winter, but the various options for thickness give you the choice to layer them over or under your jackets. Go for a lighter color if your winter wardrobe is looking a little monochromatic, or stick to a classic black or blue if you're not quite ready to let your puffer flag fly.
22. Wear a shirt that doesn't have a collar. And isn't a tee.
23. Say yes to leopard print.
It's one of those prints that you've always admired on others (ahem, Kanye), but probably never dabbled in yourself. It looks great as paneling on jackets and an accent on any bag or shirt. You can even wear it in a different color (see above).
24. Set your toes free with leather sandals.
When you think "sandals," you think of Keens or clunky Birkenstocks. What you should be thinking of is simple, open-toed leather numbers that look both summery and elegant.