1. It can be pretty enraging when anti-choicers ignore medical professionals and work to limit women’s reproductive rights
2. And for anti-choicers across the country, spreading misinformation about women’s reproductive health and freedom is nothing new. But 2013 really took the cake.
3. Alabama State Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin tried to justify restricting abortion access to women in her state because “when a physician removes a child from a woman, that’s the largest organ in a body.”
4. Not only do these anti-choice politicians join Brick in not understanding basic biology, they also enjoy attacking women’s character.
6. Even worse, some anti-choice politicians don’t even understand the restrictive anti-choice legislation that they support. They only want to take personal and private decisions out of the hands of women.
7. Take Texas State Rep. Jody Laubenberg.
8. She tried to justify a 20-week abortion ban with no rape exception by claiming that rape kits somehow make it impossible for a woman to get pregnant from a rape, saying “they have what’s called a rape kit where a woman can get cleaned out.”
9. And after pro-choice Texas Sen. Wendy Davis led an epic 11-hour filibuster to protect the majority of women’s health clinics across the state…
11. Speaking in favor of an abortion ban in the U.S. House of Representatives, Texas Rep. Michael Burgess bizarrely argued that he opposed abortion because fetuses masturbate.
12. And then he was probably like
15. Rick Santorum argued that denying women’s birth control is a First Amendment right.
17. Make no mistake - for many of these extreme anti-choice politicians, the ultimate goal is to ban abortion completely.
19. Sorry to break it to you Boehner, but that’s not going to happen on our watch.
20. Because, like Ron Burgundy always says
21. And there’s nothing classier than trusting women to make the best decision for their families and protecting the right to choose.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Democratic National Convention kicks off today and it's already off to a rocky start. Here's what you need to know 🇺🇸🔔
- Two people were killed and at least 16 others were injured in a shooting outside a nightclub in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Verizon is buying Yahoo's core business for about $5 billion, ending the web pioneer's run as an independent company.