1. This is G-Eazy. He’s a 25-year-old rapper and producer from Oakland, Calif., and he’s shaping up to become a serious success story.
His wide-eyed, James Dean look will carry him into the mainstream easily, but he’s not exactly a squeaky clean guy.
3. Check out the album’s irresistible first single, “Far Alone.” It’s a love letter to the Bay Area that fills new folks in on G-Eazy’s come up.
4. The album’s next single is the shit-talking, compulsively replayable “I Mean It.”
The song’s already racked a million plays on Spotify.
5. The “I Mean It” video is debuting today on BuzzFeed. In it, G-Eazy plays an Anchorman-style news guy.
6. Dude’s usually got a serious, black-and-white aesthetic. So this video’s a new, comedic turn.
7. He gives a raw nightly report:
“If I ever said I’m never scared / Just know I mean it / If I ever said I fucked your bitch / Just know I mean it.”
8. And charms the ladies.
9. He interviews himself:
10. And gets props from barbers:
11. And causes other dudes relationship trouble. Y’know, as he does.
“You really think she stay true? I doubt it / ‘Cause I’m fucking your girlfriend, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”