1. Air Bud
At first the other coaches were like, “What the heck is going on?” But then the referee was all, “Ain’t no rule says the dog can’t play basketball.” And the rest, as they say, is history.
2. Teen Wolf
As long as you can dunk (and breakdance), nobody will care if you’re a werewolf. In fact, transforming into a werewolf is one of the best things you can do in basketball.
3. Like Mike
Lil’ Bow Wow is a 14-year-old orphan with moves like Michael Jordan. Because of this, the NBA bent their eligibility rules to let him enter the league. And the reward for their generosity was sweet. Just look at that dunk!
4. High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Want to sing in the middle of a basketball game? Well, look no further than the musical theater league. To quote the great Troy Bolton, “We’re all in this together.” Say word, Troy.
5. The Luck of the Irish
It doesn’t matter if you’re a half-leprechaun or not: you will always be welcomed on the basketball court.
6. The 6th Man
The 1997 Washington Huskies were a little skeptical when Kenny Tyler told the team that his brother’s spirit was helping them win, but after a while they warmed up to ghost Antoine and embraced him as one of their own.
7. Juwanna Mann
I mean, they had to know, right?
- UK voters sent a massive shock through the world, overturning 40 years of British EU membership.
- EU leaders gathered for talks and agreed they want Britain to leave "as soon as possible."
- Scottish leader Nicola Sturgeon says a second independence referendum for Scotland is "highly likely."
- Prime Minister David Cameron says he will resign by October.