1. Air Bud
At first the other coaches were like, “What the heck is going on?” But then the referee was all, “Ain’t no rule says the dog can’t play basketball.” And the rest, as they say, is history.
2. Teen Wolf
As long as you can dunk (and breakdance), nobody will care if you’re a werewolf. In fact, transforming into a werewolf is one of the best things you can do in basketball.
3. Like Mike
Lil’ Bow Wow is a 14-year-old orphan with moves like Michael Jordan. Because of this, the NBA bent their eligibility rules to let him enter the league. And the reward for their generosity was sweet. Just look at that dunk!
4. High School Musical 3: Senior Year
Want to sing in the middle of a basketball game? Well, look no further than the musical theater league. To quote the great Troy Bolton, “We’re all in this together.” Say word, Troy.
5. The Luck of the Irish
It doesn’t matter if you’re a half-leprechaun or not: you will always be welcomed on the basketball court.
6. The 6th Man
The 1997 Washington Huskies were a little skeptical when Kenny Tyler told the team that his brother’s spirit was helping them win, but after a while they warmed up to ghost Antoine and embraced him as one of their own.
7. Juwanna Mann
I mean, they had to know, right?
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."