If you’re over 30, you probably know all too well that you've started feeling like your youth is behind you.
And there were so many relatable responses! Here are some of the top-voted answers:
1. "I threw my back out scooping cat litter one day. I didn't even do anything weird, just bent over like normal and then was in pain for a week. I've since done it again scooping litter, so I'm convinced that my boyfriend should handle that from now on."
2. "When a song I loved as a teenager appeared as an oldie on the radio."
"That compilation called Now That's What I Call Dad Rock with Sum 41 and Avril Lavigne on it was a bit depressing."
4. "I had a truck sitting in front of my house for an hour, at 1 a.m. Didn't know what they were up to, but I didn't like it. Finally, I knocked on the window and said, 'I don't know what you're doing, but do it somewhere else.' Turns out it was a couple of teenagers fooling around, one of whom lives a few houses down."
"So yeah, I pulled a literal 'damn kids, get off my lawn!' on them. And now, I'm that curmudgeonly old guy who lives down the street, and I'm only 35."
5. "This year, when multiple SONS of American football players I watched growing up got drafted into the NFL."
6. "When I realized having a 1 in front of my birth year is all anyone needs to know I'm old enough to purchase alcohol. I don't know why, but that dumb fact just hit me like a ton of bricks."
7. "Saw some neighborhood kids messing with a stop sign. I slowed the car down, rolled down a window, and said, 'Hey...I think maybe you shouldn't be doing that.' In my mind, that meant cut it out before an adult catches you."
"But these kids looked sheepishly at the ground and gave me an 'Okay' like I was the adult in the situation. Which I was, gently chastising children for fooling around with public property."
9. "When one of my younger coworkers took it upon herself to explain to me who Cardi B was. I already knew who she was and was familiar with her music. Apparently, I just looked like I needed to be supplied with this info."
10. "When my best friend and I were planning for a concert, and for the first time in our lives, we were like, 'Do we...want to buy seats instead of standing in the pit?'"
11. "When I only got four hours of sleep before work and felt like I was literally going to die. Ten years ago, I would drive five hours after work on Friday to see my SO, we’d party all weekend, then I’d leave at 1 a.m. on Monday, drive all night and go to work that same morning. I was exhausted but fine. Now, just one night of not enough sleep…I got old."
12. "When I started viewing guys on motorcycles with concern instead of awe. 'Damn kid's gonna get himself killed' vs. 'Ooh, look at that hot rebel.'"
14. "Some kids were throwing a party. Loud music and laughter/voices. I said to myself, 'It’s 10 p.m., shouldn’t they be turning it down now?' Started debating going to knock on the door and telling them to just turn it down a bit. Then I realized….it’s Saturday night."
"I realized I am officially that cranky neighbor who's home on a Saturday night with nothing better to do but get mad at the teens for doing exactly what I used to do."
15. "Reasonably recent references are met with dead silence and confusion by young adults/teens."
"I had an apprentice work alongside me, and he had no idea who the Spice Girls were."