1. Giving birth is the most painful/crazy/amazing/weird thing you will ever do.
2. Things happen during pregnancy, labor, and delivery that defy even your wildest dreams.
3. Like, OMG can we talk about mucus plugs? Did you even know that was a thing before you were pregnant?
4. Or like, that your options for pain management during labor include sticking a needle into your spine and mastering hypnotherapy?
5. Being in labor is like being in The Matrix. The reality in which you were not in infinite pain has been shattered.
6. There are not enough pillows in the world to sleep comfortably while pregnant.
It's actually a really cruel joke on someone who is about to have a newborn.