1. What's the first app you check in the morning?
I hate to say it, but...Instagram. My friend Ola gave me the idea of replacing it in the section with the News app and I did do that. But no my brain is programmed to get around it.
2. When you walk into a bar, what's your drink of choice?
Gin and tonic. I don't know why — It's such a weird tasting drink, but I love it!
3. What's your favorite curse word?
Fuck. Just straight up fuck.
4. What's the last thing you searched on Google?
"Fuck"...just kidding! Fleabag tickets, because I want to see it so bad! It's on the West End in London, but the show's run will be over by the time I get back.
5. Who's the last celebrity you texted or called?
Probably Emily King, because she came to my show and I died! I literally just fell on the floor when she walked into the room. I literally just got down on the floor and lied there. I was like, "FUCK!"
6. What was the hardest song on Human to write?
"Burned Out," because it was very complex. It was really hard to explore those feelings that I don't talk about, and probably never will, because they're really weird to talk about and put in song form.
7. What's your favorite song on Human?
"If I'm Being Honest." I wrote that one in like 20 minutes. It just came out of me. I really like it.
8. Where do you write your best material?
In my room, after like a month of doing nothing because it will just come out of me.
9. What's the first CD you ever bought?
The first CD I ever bought was We Started Nothing by The Ting Tings. Great album.
10. Which TV shows are you obsessed with right now?
I've been watching Derry Girls on Netflix. It's so good. I love it so much.
11. What's the first thing that comes to mind when someone mentions England?
Tea. That is such a stereotype, but you're not going to get the one you need over here in the States. My favorite is the "bog standard" English breakfast cup of tea, really strong, one sugar, so much milk... Oh, I miss it sooo much!
12. What's your biggest pet peeve?
When I'm having a conversation with someone and they're looking at their phone.
13. What's one food you can't resist?
Mac and cheese. I've been trying to cut out dairy more, because I had a singing teacher that told me about phlegm that rises to your throat because of dairy. So, I add almond milk to my tea, but I can't walk past mac and cheese without eating it.
14. What was your biggest childhood fear?
I was really scared of the dark. I had a lot of star lights on my wall.
15. How do you prevent yourself from letting fear take over?
Be understanding of yourself. If there is a fear, try to hold it and look at it objectively.
16. What's your favorite emoji?
😬 It could be a smile...it could be a grimace. I don't know, but I love it.
17. What book are you reading right now?
The Last. It's kind of like a murder mystery set in an apocalyptic time. There's like nuclear bombs dropped and they're living in this hotel.
18. What song can put you in a good mood, even on your worst day?
"Still Feel" by Half Alive.
19. Which current artists are you listening to right now?
20. Who was your celebrity childhood crush?
Demi Lovato. She was my background on my desktop. I would just listen to her all the time and watch every interview she was in.
21. What makes you feel the most empowered?
My friends really help. But If I'm thinking of a really shallow thing, then when my hair looks good or if I'm wearing a comfy outfit that feels very me.
22. What's one thing your fans would be surprised you know how to do?
I'm a pretty good chef. I also speak a tiny bit of German.
23. What's the corniest pick-up line someone's used on you?
If we're speaking non-romantically, it's probably when people pretend to act like they don't know who I am. They're like, "I feel like I know you," or "I feel like I've seen you before." And I'm just like, "Yeah, you have. Just spit it out."
24. What's your craziest fan story?
There was a girl who managed to sneak backstage. She started to take off her jacket and then she asked if she could have a beer. And we were like, "No...leave." There was also a fan who was crying so hard that her snot landed on my skirt. She was like, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" And I was like, "It's fine!" I felt really bad for her, because I've been that girl.
25. What's the best and worst thing about touring?
The best part is singing your songs to a room full of people who know them and connect with them. You just cant beat that. I love dancing on stage as well.
The worst is just general hygiene and comfort. You can't poop on the bus, it smells bad because everyone is sleeping on it. You just don't have that comfort of waking up and lounging around.
26. Describe a perfect day for Dodie.
At home, someone brings me tea in the morning — Maybe we'll go for brunch or someone will cook a lazy breakfast, like eggs and avocado. There's got to be some type of music in there, so maybe I'm seeing a concert or making music — Better yet, me just walking into an orchestra and telling them what to play. That would be a perfect day for me.
27. Tell me a secret.
I eat salt wherever I can, like I pour it on the table and just dip my finger it. You're welcome.
Check out Dodie's latest single, "Boys Like You," below.