Last night, Season 3 of The Bold Type premiered on Freeform and A LOT went down! From relationship drama to new faces at work, this is the return we've been waiting for!
But before we jump into that, let's remember what Kat, Sutton, and Jane were up to during the Season 2 finale.
Kat: After overcoming a few obstacles in their relationship, Kat and Adena made their way to Paris together. Unfortunately, the happy ending didn't last too long, because Kat later discovers Adena hasn't created any work since she'd been with her in New York. HOWEVER, Adena did produce work when she was away from Kat. That, of course, made Kat feel like she was getting in the way of her productivity, which eventually led to them having a big fight.
Sutton: After realizing they only want to be with each other, Sutton and Richard get back together. The two decide to go public with their relationship at a huge Scarlet event, letting the entire office know they're a couple.
Jane: After discovering she is a carrier of the BRCA gene mutation (a genetic disposition to breast cancer and ovarian cancer), Jane decides she wants to freeze her eggs. She was also caught up in a love triangle, Ben and Ryan (aka Pinstripe). They were both great catches in two totally different ways. Jane knew she'd eventually have to make a decision soon.
Okay, now that you're all caught up, here's all the juicy things that happened on the Season 3 premiere episode, "The New Normal":
1. Jane finally made her choice and we find out it's Ryan in a steamy opening sex scene.
2. But they weren't the only ones getting busy. We find Sutton and Richard having a little fun in the shower, when Richard asks her if she wants to move in with him. Sutton becomes a little hesitant about the idea.
3. Unfortunately, things aren't as blissful for Kat. Adena ended up breaking up with Kat and, now, Kat can't stop reminiscing about their relationship.
4. Ben also makes an appearance in the opening scene, but not how you'd expect. Jane reveals she didn't choose Ben, because they couldn't recover after he showed a lack of support toward he wanting to freeze her eggs.
5. The ladies meet the new face of digital content, Patrick Duchand, and Jane is pissed to find out a man is running Scarlet's website.
6. Patrick meets with all the employees and begins distributing new ideas for the site. First up, Alex is getting his own advice column.
7. He advises Kat to post more stuff on her Instagram, since she's the head of social. Kat's been reluctant to post ever since her breakup with Adena. He also asks her to speak at the Scarlet Summit on "Being Queer in the Digital Age."
8. He wants Jane to write a profile piece on him, but Jane uses it as an opportunity to find some dirt on him.
9. The next time we see Richard, he thinks he's being iced out by the board because of his relationship with Sutton. Feeling like people don't understand how serious his relationship is with her, he tells Jacqueline that Sutton's moving in with him, even though she hasn't made a decision yet.
10. Still stuck on memory lane, Kat leaves a "We'll always have Paris" comment on Adena's IG, to which she replied, "Always." Adena's response messes with Kat's head even more, so she decides to get drunk with Alex.
11. Meanwhile, Jane learned that Patrick pulled down his pants in front of a female coworker and thought she finally found the dirt she needed to bring him down. But he actually only did it to take a stance on the gender pay gap.
12. And I'm sure a lot of you saw this coming, but after getting drunk with Alex, she ended up kissing him. Alex immediately knew it was a mistake, pulled away, and offered to drive her home.
13. Next thing you know, it's the Scarlet Summit. After Kat gives a semi-heartfelt speech about what being queer in the digital space means to her, she finally unloads all of the emotions she's been bottling up about Adena.
14. Betty Who made a special appearance at the summit singing "Just Thought You Should Know."
15. Sutton forgave Richard for telling Jacqueline about the move, before she made her decision.
16. Patrick was impressed by the nice piece Jane wrote about him, so he told her she'll be the newest digital writer, even though she'd rather stay on the print side.
17. Continuing the process of being real with her emotions, Kat decides to post an emotional video to her IG, in hopes of being more transparent with her audience.
18. The girls get together to help Kat pack up the rest of Adena's stuff and Sutton announces she's decided to move in with Richard.
19. After packing all of her stuff, Kat posts one more thing to her IG, which prompts a surprising comment from Adena.
Well, I don't know about you, but that was one hell of a premiere! We have A LOT to look forward to this season and I'm glad to have you guys along with me for the ride.
What were your favorite moments from The Bold Type, Season 3 premiere? Tell us all about them in the comments below!
Be sure to catch The Bold Type every Tuesday at 8 p.m. ET on Freeform.