8. and make financial decisions for their partner if their partner is incapacitated.
10. North Carolina domestic violence laws could be called into question, threatening North Carolina victims of domestic violence.
“If Amendment One passes it could take away those protections and leave victims and their children even more vulnerable than they already are,” said Amily McCool, Wake County Assistant District Attorney.
13. Lastly, North Carolina citizens, who should all be equal under the law, will be discriminated by their own State, their own Representatives, and their own citizens.
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰