4. Leo was offered the role of Patrick Bateman inAmerican Psycho but didn’t take it because all of his fans were teenage girls at the time.
5. He’s named Leonardo because his pregnant mother was in a museum in Italy looking at a Leonardo da Vinci painting when he first kicked.
6. Leo owns a giant pet tortoise.
7. He is “hooked on” colonics.
8. In 2011, he bought a Salvador Dali painting for $1.2 million. At that same auction he was bidding on Picassos but apparently really wanted the Dali.
9. Leo’s first agent wanted to change his name to Lenny Williams because he thought his name sounded too ethnic.
10. Leo owns his own fair-trade coffee company.
11. In 2014, Leo’s foundation gave $3 million to saving ocean wildlife.
12. In 2013, he donated $3 million to saving tigers in Nepal.
13. In 2005, Leo was smashed in the face with a wine glass by a woman at an after-party. The woman went to jail for two years.
14. In 2007, Nic Cage outbid Leo for a $276,000 dinosaur skull.
15. In the ’90s, Leo was a member of a group called “The Pussy Posse.” The group consisted of Lukas Haas, Tobey Maguire, Harmony Korine, and David Blaine, among others.
16. Leo and Toby Maguire made a movie so bad that Leo took legal action for it to never be released in theaters or on DVD in the U.S.
17. In 2010, he donated another $1 million to saving tigers.
18. At a tiger summit in Russia, Vladimir Putin called him a real man. Putin said: “Here, in Russia, we call such a person a real man. If wildlife and tiger conservation is in the hands of people with such character, we are destined to succeed.”
18. His middle name is Wilhelm.
19. His worst-reviewed film is Critters 3. It has a 0% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
20. James Cameron wrote his own script for Spider-Man and wanted Leo to play Spider-Man.
21. Christian Bale lost out to Leo for roles in Who’s Eating Gilbert Grape and Titanic.
22. In the Titanic nude drawing seen, the hands seen sketching Rose are not Leo’s; they’re James Cameron’s.
23. Leo is producing a Twilight Zone film.
24. He owns an island off the coast of Belize.
25. He plans to turn the island into an eco-friendly resort.
26. He survived a shark attack.
27. He was offered the role of Max Dennison in Hocus Pocus but turned it down.
28. In 2013, Leo donated $61,000 to support gay rights.
29. His father was a comic book dealer.
30. James Cameron called Leo a “spoiled punk” for refusing to go to the Oscars the year that Titanic was nominated. Leo said he didn’t want to go because he didn’t see the point if he wasn’t individually nominated.
31. He almost died in a skydiving accident when his parachute wouldn’t open. Luckily an instructor swooped in and saved him.
32. In 2013, Leo held an auction for 33 works of art. They raised $31.7 million that night for global charity initiatives.
33. Leo’s OCD was reawakened while filming The Aviator. When he was a kid, he would avoid stepping on sidewalk cracks.
34. He will never win an Oscar.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, defended at his confirmation hearing using offshore tax shelters, saying it was an inevitable result of current tax codes.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸