15. “Ride It” by Geri
Why it’s awesome: It’s just a fun, not complicated dance song.
Random note: This song was actually on the Queer As Folk soundtrack. The more you know.
14. “First Day Of My Life” by Melanie C
Why it’s awesome: This is the only ballad on the list. The ballads of the early ’00s tended to be pretty cheesy, especially in Europe. I like this one though. There’s something about Mel C’s voice that’s very soothing.
Random note: This is actually Melanie C’s most successful song in Europe. It’s arguably her biggest hit.
13. “What I Am” by Emma Bunton
Why it’s awesome: It’s just kind of funny that Emma Bunton covered this song.
Random note: If you like Emma’s voice then you’ll probably like this song. If you don’t, you’ll hate it. :D
12. “Rock Me” by Melanie C
Why it’s awesome: Gets stuck in your head. The video is also cool. I love this look on Mel C! Hot.
Random note: This song basically flopped, which doesn’t make sense. It’s better than that!
11. “Mi Chico Latino” by Geri
Why it’s awesome: So cheeky. That’s what British people say, I think. You have to love her.
Random note: This was the second single off of her debut album. Chart wise, it did better than the first single.
10. “Let Your Head Go” by Victoria Beckham
Why it’s awesome: This video is fairly epic and very Victoria Beckham. The song is semi-generic but you can totally bop your head to it.
Random note: This was supposed to be on Victoria’s second CD but the record label went bankrupt. :(
9. “I Want You Back” by Melanie B feat. Missy Elliott
Why it’s awesome: Missy Elliott! This is the only tolerable Mel B song. Sorry.
Random note: This song was the first Spice Girls solo hit to hit No. 1 on the U.K. charts. The music video is great but can’t be found anywhere online. Sucks for us.
8. “Bag It Up” by Geri
Why it’s awesome: Great dance song. Geri is/was very good at those.
Random note: Gay anthem tbh.
7. “It’s Raining Men” by Geri
Why it’s awesome: Very Spice Girls. They should have covered it first. This video is also perfect. The intro is everything.
Random note: Trivia! You might have heard this song in the movie Bridget Jones’ Diary.
6. “Never Be The Same” by Melanie C feat. Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes
Why it’s awesome: A Spice Girl and a member of TLC in one song! Very mellow song. Very 2000 sounding. Love it.
Random note: This song was a fairly massive hit in Europe. RIP Left Eye.
5. “Look At Me” by Geri
Why it’s awesome: Geri Halliwell is a nun in the music video. A NUN. The lyrics are also super fun.
Random note: This should have been a hit in the U.S. I feel like this song sums up Geri perfectly.
4. “Think About It” by Melanie C
Why it’s awesome: SUPER catchy. Can’t help but tap your foot.
Random note: This should have been a huge pop hit. For some reason, the song only peaked at No. 95 in the U.K. ROBBED.
3. “Free Me” by Emma Bunton
Why it’s awesome: It’s got this great James Bond feel to it. It’s also super sexy. This was the lead single of Emma’s second album.
Random note: THIS VIDEO IS SO HOT I LOVE IT.
2. “I Turn To You” by Melanie C
Why it’s awesome: Epic dance song. This is the only solo Spice Girls song that truly made an impact in the U.S.
Random note: It’s always funny to me how Melanie C turned out to be the most successful Spice solo artist. Who would have thought Sporty would be so successful?
1. “Maybe” by Emma Bunton
Why it’s awesome: Ba da da da da da. Can’t get it out of my head. It has this whole throwback feel. Also, I love Baby Spice. She’s flawless.
Random note: More Baby Spice please. PLEASE.
- Churches across the US are prepping an underground railroad system for immigrants who fear deportation under Trump.
- Tom Perez has been named chair of the Democratic National Committee. He was Obama's Labor Secretary.
- At a rally in NYC, trans New Yorkers asked for support from the broader LGBT community — something they haven't always gotten.
- Barack Obama took Malia to see a Broadway show and everyone is talking about how refreshed he's looking 😎