1. The Knocks put out a remix of "Classic" with Fetty Wap and Powers a month ago and I've had "come to me, baby, don't be shy" in my head ever since. This should have been a song of summer but sometimes the universe doesn't work the way it should.
2. Tropical house is a music genre that is actually a thing (and, like, surprisingly really good), Kygo is the tropical house king, and this summer he put out this ~chilling~ song called "Nothing Left."
3. Kygo's take on Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" is even better.
4. Sax + '90s hip-hop + tropical house (I'm telling you, tropical house is REALLY a thing) = Matoma and the Notorious B.I.G.'s "Old Thing New."
5. ICYMI, mash-ups are totally in again, "Taylor Swift's Perfect Fight Song" is the best one made this summer, and you will definitely like it —ESPECIALLY if you are a cool mom!
6. Haim's (hot) take on Tame Impala's "'Cause I'm a Man" is the perfect 7:30 p.m. on a lazy humid Sunday evening song.
7. Janet Jackson (quietly 😳) came back (after way too long 😳) this summer with the sexxxy throwback-esque "No Sleeep" (yes, there is an extra "E" on purpose).
8. That guy from The Killers, Brandon Flowers, didn't get quite the attention he deserved for his true bop of a song, "Lonely Town," even if the lyrics are slightly creepy af.
9. Bakermat's "Teach Me" will, excuse the cliché, "give you life." Wait for the beat to drop!
10. Believe it or not the day has finally come when Rita Ora has a legitimately good song called "Body on Me."
11. Felix Jaehn feat. Jasmine Thompson's "Ain't Nobody" is a perfect 2015 interpretation of the original.
12. Calvin Harris and Disciples' "How Deep Is Your Love" gives some serious '90s house vibes.
13. Close your eyes, imagine you're on a road trip through the desert Crossroads style, and listen to "Headlights" by Robin Schulz and Isley.
14. Likewise, Robin Schulz's mix of Baby Bash's "Suga Suga" is equally as road trip–worthy. In other news, Baby Bash's original song is 10 years old.
15. Sam Feldt's reworking of Robin S's "Show Me Love" somehow works.
16. "Rivers" by Thomas Jack will make you happy.
17. If you're sick of Major Lazer's "Lean On" then switch to his collaboration "Be Together" with Wild Belles.
18. If you do one thing today it should be to listen to Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me." The best song this summer.
19. Also listen to Carly Rae's "Warm Blood."
20. The Felix Jaehn remix of Alina Baraz and Galimatias' "Fantasy" makes me want to sit in a beanbag chair.
21. Many many thanks to Joe Stone for sampling Montell Jordan's "This Is How We Do It" in "The Party."
22. Years & Years released one of my favorite albums this summer and this Gryffin remix of "Desire" is so, so good.
23. Jason Derulo and Jennifer Lopez's "Try Me" is the best duet that was never released this summer (but hopefully will be!).
24. Duke Dumont's "Ocean Drive" makes me wish I owned a car.
25. I've become completely obsessed with Bastian K. and Gustavo Trebien's re-recording of Joan Osbourne's "One of Us"...even if it came out last year.
26. I never thought Lady Antebellum would do one of these EDM collaboration things but they did with Audien in "Something Better."
27. "Orange" by Napkey is a song that you could listen to on repeat for an hour and not realize you're even listening to it (that's a good thing).
28. I just get emotional listening to Bea Miller's "Force of Nature."
29. Hilary Duff's Breathe In. Breathe Out. flopped 😭 BUT that's no reason to NOT listen to her second-ish single "My Kind".
30. "Black Magic" will make you fall in love with Little Mix.
31. Likewise, "Impossible" will make you fall in love with LION BABE.
32. Earlier this summer, a sorority from Alabama made a recruitment video that was...something... BUT the big takeaway was the REALLY good song the video was set to Seven Lion and Tove Lo's "Strangers." So, thank you, problematic sorority!
33. "Come and Get It" by John Newman = bop.
34. I'm truly upset Alessia Cara's "Here" hasn't caught on because it is literally about 75% of the internet. The ultimate introvert anthem!
35. "Beautiful Now" is a cute Zedd song. Zedd is also hot.
36. "You Don't Own Me" by Grace and G-Eazy is an updated version of the Lesley Gore song with the same name.
37. Lesley Gore was also a big influence in "Pity Party" by Melanie Martinez. It's like a goth version of "It's My Party."
38. "Good Thing" by Sage the Gemini and Nick Jonas is the perfect pool party song.
39. Apparently people like the French version of Cœur de pirate's "Carry On" but I don't understand French and this English version is pretty damn good itself.
40. Listen to Urban Cone and Tove Lo's "Come Back to Me" because of the chill-ass chorus.
41. "Joan of Arc" is the realest song on Madonna's Rebel Heart album.
42. Halsey will be huge... so listen to "New Americana" so you can be cool (and not, like, uncool).