Fatima Al Himidi, the woman’s 17-year-old daughter, told 10 News San Diego:
“A week ago they left a letter saying this is our country not yours you terrorist, and so my mom ignored that thinking it was just kids playing a prank. But the day they hit her, they left another note again, and it said the same thing.”
4. This interview with her daughter is heartbreaking:
According to the AFP, the family reportedly came to the United States from Iraq in the mid-1990s.
A group on Facebook called One Million Hijabs for Shaima Alawadi has been launched in her honor.
- The public's mistrust of Trump might be especially dangerous in a catastrophe rooted in science — like an asteroid or the next Ebola.
- Thousands of people hit the streets on Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.