1. Niagara Falls in the day
3. Niagara Falls at night
4. Nik takes off.
Nik is a father of three and a seventh generation member of the famed Flying Wallendas acrobatic group. His family traces their roots to 1780 Austria-Hungary, where his ancestors traveled as a band of acrobats, aerialists, jugglers, animal trainers and trapeze artists.
The tightrope was 1,800 feet long.
22. Almost there…
23. Nik Wallenda pumps his fist as he nears completion.
24. And he did it!
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂