1. Niagara Falls in the day
3. Niagara Falls at night
4. Nik takes off.
Nik is a father of three and a seventh generation member of the famed Flying Wallendas acrobatic group. His family traces their roots to 1780 Austria-Hungary, where his ancestors traveled as a band of acrobats, aerialists, jugglers, animal trainers and trapeze artists.
The tightrope was 1,800 feet long.
22. Almost there…
23. Nik Wallenda pumps his fist as he nears completion.
24. And he did it!
- It's Inauguration Day — Donald Trump will be sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America at 12 p.m. ET 🇺🇸
- And you can tune into BuzzFeed News on Facebook, where we'll be covering the entire ceremony live.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.