1. Very strange things happen on the corner of Pleasant View Road in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania.
When you put your car at neutral at the bottom of the hill, your car miraculously goes uphill on its own. No joke.
Roadside America says:
Park near the train tracks, and the ghost children from a doomed school bus may push you away! Locals insist the bus tragedy never happened. Illusion or baffling anomaly — you decide.
So, we had to try it for ourselves…
5. This is the hill.
6. Try #1:
7. Try #2 (view from outside the car)
Buuuut, with further research, we found out what was really happening.
A gravity hill, also known as a magnetic hill and sometimes a mystery hill, a mystery spot, or a gravity road, is a place where the layout of the surrounding land produces the optical illusion that a very slight downhill slope appears to be an uphill slope. Thus, a car left out of gear will appear to be rolling uphill due to gravity.
You can find a list of gravity hills here. You really need to try one. It’s nuts.
FYI, we’re on a road trip to Bonnaroo. See all the stuff we’ve stopped at a long the way here!
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩