1. Very strange things happen on the corner of Pleasant View Road in Lewisberry, Pennsylvania.
When you put your car at neutral at the bottom of the hill, your car miraculously goes uphill on its own. No joke.
Roadside America says:
Park near the train tracks, and the ghost children from a doomed school bus may push you away! Locals insist the bus tragedy never happened. Illusion or baffling anomaly — you decide.
So, we had to try it for ourselves…
5. This is the hill.
6. Try #1:
7. Try #2 (view from outside the car)
Buuuut, with further research, we found out what was really happening.
A gravity hill, also known as a magnetic hill and sometimes a mystery hill, a mystery spot, or a gravity road, is a place where the layout of the surrounding land produces the optical illusion that a very slight downhill slope appears to be an uphill slope. Thus, a car left out of gear will appear to be rolling uphill due to gravity.
You can find a list of gravity hills here. You really need to try one. It’s nuts.
FYI, we’re on a road trip to Bonnaroo. See all the stuff we’ve stopped at a long the way here!
- The Women's March on Washington was one of the largest protests in the city's history.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- Members of the national security community reacted with shock after Trump attacked his critics while giving a speech at CIA headquarters.
- "SNL" featured a shirtless Vladimir Putin celebrating America's newest President.