Skip To Content
    Updated on Jan 23, 2019. Posted on Jan 17, 2019

    If You Grew Up Listening To These 24 Songs Then You Are 100% Gay Now

    This is 100% fact.

    1. "Buttons" by the Pussycat Dolls

    youtube.com

    It's a known fact that literally every person who listened to "Buttons" during their formative years is now gay.

    2. "Can't Fight The Moonlight" by Leann Rimes

    youtube.com

    It's also a known fact that everyone who watched "Coyote Ugly" growing up is now gay.

    3. "Dirrty" by Christina Aguilera

    youtube.com

    If you play "Dirrty" in the room of a pregnant woman then that child will be born gay. It really works.

    4. "Damaged" by Danity Kane

    youtube.com

    Find me someone who listened to Danity Kane that isn't gay. Can't? That's because they don't exist.

    5. "It's Not Right But It's Okay (Thunderpuss Mix)" by Whitney Houston

    youtube.com

    Every time a DJ plays this remix, somewhere in the world 972 people instantly turn gay.

    6. "In My Pocket" by Mandy Moore

    youtube.com

    This song was like musical meth to baby gays.

    7. "He Wasn't Man Enough" by Toni Braxton

    youtube.com

    If you know the words to this, you're gay. End of story.

    8. "That Don't Impress Me Much" by Shania Twain

    youtube.com

    Most people don't know this, but the "That Don't Impress Me Much" video is gay propaganda designed to convert straight people to homosexuality.

    9. "I Wanna Be Bad" by Willa Ford

    youtube.com

    Willa Ford was basically a gay man trapped in a Britney Spears wannabe clone's body. That's real powerful.

    10. Anything by Selena

    youtube.com

    I truly believe Selena resides over the gates of Gay Heaven.

    11. "Rumors" by Lindsay Lohan

    youtube.com

    Basically anything Lindsay Lohan-related is gay-adjacent.

    12. "Leave (Get Out)" by JoJo

    youtube.com

    30-something-year-old-me is still screaming about boys like 13-year-old Jojo did.

    13. "Waiting For Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez

    youtube.com

    The gay "Ave Maria." Whenever this is played at a gay bar it's basically a religious experience.

    14. "Lucky" by Britney Spears

    youtube.com

    If you know who Roger Johnson from Pop News is, you're gay.

    15. "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson

    youtube.com

    If you ever listened to "Breakaway" while dramatically staring out of a window, you're gay.

    16. "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie

    youtube.com

    *Dramatically stares out the window while being gay in mom's minivan*

    17. "Un-Break My Heart" by Toni Braxton

    youtube.com

    Toni Braxton applying shaving cream to Tyson Beckford is a contributing factor to 87% of gays' homosexuality.

    18. "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" by Celine Dion

    youtube.com

    Every gay can do a KILLER "It's All Coming Back To Me" lip-sync. It's in their DNA.

    19. "White Flag" by Dido

    youtube.com

    If you listen to "White Flag" in the early 2000s you were either gay or a divorced mother of three.

    20. "Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink

    youtube.com

    Highly relatable to closeted gay youth of early 2000s minus the whole Britney diss.

    21. "Don't Cha" by the Pussycat Dolls

    youtube.com

    75% of people who listened to "Don't Cha" are gay now. The other 25% just don't know it yet.

    22. "The Boy Is Mine" by Brandy & Monica

    youtube.com

    If you've never had an argument in your friend group over who would be Brandy or Monica in the lip sync then you are probably straight. Sorry.

    23. "So Yesterday" by Hilary Duff

    youtube.com

    "So Yesterday" had some of the most important lyrics of our childhoods, particularly: "If the light is off then it isn't on." I can't tell you why, but that's gay.

    24. Literally anything by BuzzFeed legend, Stacie Orrico

    youtube.com

    Stacie Orrico is the patron saint of gays. Everyone who listened to Stacie Orrico growing up is now gay and that's a fact.

    In conclusion, I get that you are *not that type of gay* but I guess I am. It's okay to be gay and like pop music. Now let ME LISTEN TO BRITNEY SPEARS IN PEACE.

    Also H/t to Matt Ford for this frame and for keeping Stacie Orrico's legacy alive and well.

    BuzzFeed Daily

    Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!

    Newsletter signup form