If you don’t know who Kacey Musgraves is, then you’re denying yourself some seriously good music. And if you’re one of those people who hates country music, then I hate you. JK. But for real, Kacey Musgraves is REALLY good.
2. Now for the basics. “Merry Go ‘Round” was her breakthrough song.
Listen. Love it. Live it. Eat it. Or not.
3. The lyrics are like brain candy.
4. And here’s a picture of Kacey listening to it for the first time on the radio.
She posted it on Instagram with the caption: “Going through old pictures and came across this one. 60 weeks ago I heard Merry Go ‘Round on the radio for the first time. Bawled like a baby. Such a pivotal moment for me and everyone that’s been on this ride with me.”
5. And then this album. This album, people. THIS. ALBUM. It’s legit one of those albums you can listen from start to finish. And I’m not just saying that!!
6. More about her lyrics. They just get you.
11. Also her shoe game is up there.
12. “Follow Your Arrow” is her current single. It’s one of those “fuck everyone” anthems.
16. She’s also apparently a Miley Cyrus fan. Check out this cover of classic old-timey Miley, “See You Again.”
17. Even this jingle she did for Oreos is great.
18. Now back to the Grammys. Kacey was nominated for Best New Artist.
19. Earlier she performed. Did you see her boots? They LIT up.
20. That deserves some sort of award.
22. All was not lost, though — she still won two awards.
She won Best Country Song and Best Country Album.
26. NOW GO LISTEN TO “SAME TRAILER DIFFERENT PARK”!!!!!
- Thursday's vote on the GOP health care bill in the House was postponed after it became clear too many Republicans opposed the Obamacare replacement.
- Democrats will try to block Trump's Supreme Court pick, Neil Gorsuch, setting the stage for Republicans to eliminate the judicial filibuster.
- The Republican chair of the House intel committee was forced to apologize after he made public statements about Trump surveillance without consulting anyone.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.