1. This dad who shot his 15-year-old daughter’s laptop and posted a video of it to YouTube.
He was upset that she’d complained on Facebook about being made to do chores. Seems like a perfectly reasonable response.
2. This mom who made her daughter hold up a sign reading: “I was disrespecting my parents by twerking at my school dance.”
“What am I supposed to do?” the mom asked in this clip. “Whoop her and get the cops called on me?” You know, because that and this sign-holding malarkey were her only two options.
7. The mom who made her son walk up and down the main intersection in town wearing a sign that read “Smoked pot, got caught! Don’t I look cool? Not!”
How is there always a news crew on the scene to film these shenanigans? The parents have to be tipping them off ahead of time, right?
9. The parents who made their daughter stand on the side of the road holding a sign that read: “I sneak boys in at 3am and disrespect my parents and grandparents.”
If this doesn’t work, the parents say they will consider punishing their daughter by making her shave her head.
13. The mom who made her son hold up a sign that read (in part): “My GPA is 1.222. Honk if I need an education.”
The mom said embarrassment is the best form of discipline for her son, but child psychologists and counselors typically think this kind of extreme parenting does “more harm than good” and “can lead to problems such as anxiety, depression and aggression.”
14. The mom who, after her son swore at his teacher, made him wear a sign reading: “I disrespected my teacher … I would like to apologize, not only to that teacher, but to all adults.”
According to psychologist Jill Hunziker, “All it will do is produce more anger and resentment in the child.”
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌