6. If you find an item for less, show the store manager.
Even if it’s a price you found on your smartphone, they might be willing to price match.
10. When signing up for things, put down your birthday as being in December so you get free stuff around that time.
Places like Sephora give you free things on your birthday, and they make great stocking stuffers. Other companies might give you a special discount.
12. Take advantage of groceries sales right after Thanksgiving.
You’ll be making a lot of similar dishes like turkey and pumpkin-based desserts, so may as well get that stuff on sale if you’ve got room in the freezer.
13. Buy your Christmas decorations and wrapping paper the week AFTER Christmas, when they’re on sale.
Christmas decorations don’t really go out of style. Just buy them after Christmas and save them for the next year.
Pro tip: Get solar-powered Christmas lights if you’re decorating outdoors. You’ll save on electricity bills.
23. Arrange with your family not to exchange gifts, especially if everyone has kids.
Limit the gift giving for just the kids since they’re the ones who get really excited about presents. You could also do a Secret Santa for the adults, so each person only has to buy one present.
24. Join Amazon Prime for a free 30-day trial in December.
This will give you free two-day shipping for any of Amazon’s “Prime eligible” bounty, and if you cancel before the 30 days are up it’s totally free. Of course, if you keep Prime it’s an awesome service that only costs $79 per year. Sign up here.
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹
- Philip Bilden, the businessman nominated by President Trump to be Secretary of the Navy, has withdrawn himself from consideration.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲