1. "The chorus of Portugal The Man’s 'Feel It Still' sounds EXACTLY like The Marvelette's 'Please Mr. Postman' ('Oh yes, wait a minute, Mr. Postman'). It's all l can hear now."
2. "I can't hear 'Jealous' by Nick Jonas without hearing him sing 'I'm still Nick Jonas' instead of 'I still get jealous.'"
3. "Someone mentioned that 'Mercy' by Duffy sounds like she's singing 'bird seed' instead of 'mercy.' And I can't un-hear it. 'You've got me begging you for bird seed.'"
4. "I can’t listen to Billie Eilish’s 'Bury A Friend' ever since I realized there’s this noise that sounds like a pig squealing in pain throughout the whole song. I’m still haunted by the pig squeal."
5. "'Pumped Up Kicks' by Foster The People. I loved it ever since it came out when I was a kid, but I listened to it for the first time in ages recently and realized it was about a school shooter. It’ll never be the same."
6. "Someone pointed out to me that the xylophone in 'Somebody That I Used to Know' by Gotye was just 'Baa Baa Black Sheep' in a minor key. Ruined."
7. "I love Beyoncé but a friend pointed out that 'Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)' has these robotic sounds throughout, and now I always hear them. That ruined the song for me."
8. "The 'Cups (When I'm Gone)' song that Anna Kendrick sings in Pitch Perfect has a line in the second chorus, 'You’re gonna miss me by my talk, oh.' One day I heard, 'You’re gonna miss me by my taco,' and I can never not hear it now."
9. "'Linger' by The Cranberries. I've loved that song for years and thought it was a happy love song. Then one day I truly listened to the lyrics and realized right in the beginning she is singing about how she was being true but the other person was not."
10. "I loved 'Black Widow' by Iggy Azalea featuring Rita Ora until my friend said that when she sings 'black widow baby' it sounds like 'wittle baby' — the way a 5-year-old would say it."
11. "Bryan Adams said in an interview that the song 'Summer of '69' isn’t about the year 1969 but the sex position. It gives me the creeps. I didn’t want to think about Bryan Adams that way!"
12. "I thought 'Shout' by The Isley Brothers was a cool song, but listening to the original version and the full lyrics made me realize the guy has been after the girl since she was NINE YEARS OLD and now that she's growing up she wants to get rid of him! It's a pedophile song! Horrifying."
13. "When I found out Katy Perry was 'inspired' by Sara Bareilles' song 'Brave' while writing 'Roar.' They're basically the same song and personally I like Sara Bareilles' better."
14. "My dad once told me I ruined the Bond song ‘A License to Kill’ by Gladys Knight by pointing out that it sounds more like ‘license to kilt.' Sorry Dad!"
15. "'21 Guns' by Green Day. Someone once said that (lead singer) Billie Joe Armstrong sounds exactly like Phineas from the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, and it’s literally all I can hear now."
16. "My dad ruined the song 'Achy Breaky Heart' by pointing out that Billy Ray Cyrus sounds like Elmer Fudd."
17. "'212' by Azealia Banks was my favorite song of 2011 until my flatmate ruined it by saying 'What you gon' do when I appear? W-W-when I premiere?' sounded like 'What you gonna do when I eat a pear, I eat a pear.' Now I only hear his version!"
18. "Fifth Harmony's 'Work From Home' has a fab beat, totally jam worthy, but I 100% cannot get down with the lyrics — 'And I don't need no explanation / 'Cause baby, you're the boss at home.' Get outta here with that sexist BS."
20. "'Fast Car' by Tracy Chapman. I loved it when I was a kid, but I heard it recently as an adult and actually LISTENED to it and the lyrics are so sad."
21. "I am a big Queen fan but I can't listen to 'Under Pressure' anymore ever since I heard Vanilla Ice's 'Ice Ice Baby' (which heavily samples Queen's bass line). It ruined one of my favorite songs for me."
Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.