We recently asked the members of BuzzFeed Community to tell us the coolest places to take a kid in America:
1. The International Spy Museum in Washington, DC
2. The Mystery Spot in Santa Cruz, California
3. Diggerland USA in West Berlin, New Jersey
4. CoolMess in New York, New York
CoolMess is new concept ice cream shop that lets you create and make your own ice cream.
"It made my kids SO happy to make their own ice cream."
—Shira Kipnees, Facebook
5. Jim's Apple Farm in Jordan, Minnesota
6. The Crayola Experience in Easton, Pennsylvania; Minneapolis; and Orlando
7. The Ocean
8. La Brea Tar Pits and Museum in Los Angeles, California
9. Ella’s Deli and Ice Cream Parlour in Madison, Wisconsin
10. City Museum in St. Louis
11. Black Tap Craft Burgers and Beer in New York City
12. America's National Parks
There are 59 national parks including the Grand Canyon, Rocky Mountains, and the Redwoods.
"Our National Parks are pretty damn amazing. There's nothing like standing at the bottom of a redwood or on the top of the Rockies to feel so small and yet part of something so big."
—Laurie Lapham, Facebook