1. This is @JoanDidion on Twitter.
2. Today it was announced that @JoanDidion would be retiring from Twitter. So over it.
im quitting twitter because i don’t understand how twitter helps anyone do anything
3. Unfortunately, @JoanDidion was never run by the National Book Award winner. It’s an ad guy inspired by her, as is mentioned pretty prominently in the bio.
4. So it was a bit awkward when the Wall Street Journal reported on the account as though it were actually Joan Didion.
6. The Wall Street Journal quickly posted an updated version of the article with a correction.
- The Pentagon is repealing its ban on transgender people serving openly in the U.S. military.
- Donald Trump secretly listened in on phone calls at his landmark Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, sources tell BuzzFeed News.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸