In an interview posted Wednesday, Guido Barilla, chairman of Barilla pasta, said he would not feature gays in his ads.
We won’t include gays in our ads, because we like the traditional family. If gays don’t like it, they can always eat another brand of pasta. Everyone is free to do what they want, provided it doesn’t bother anyone else.
The company apologized for the unfortunate remarks on Facebook and Twitter. However, we all know the internet doesn’t forgive overt bigotry that easily.
15. Writer and wife of New York City mayor candidate Bill de Blasio, Chirlane McCray, is switching pastas.
“If you don’t like our message, find another pasta brand.”Invitation accepted, #Barilla.
Sorry @barilla you lost another anti-bigotry customer today.
San Remo wins at equality and marketing. #sanremo #barilla
#boicottbarilla #boycottbarilla This is where Barilla pasta belongs! I won’t feed this slop to my kids!
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.