In an interview posted Wednesday, Guido Barilla, chairman of Barilla pasta, said he would not feature gays in his ads.
We won’t include gays in our ads, because we like the traditional family. If gays don’t like it, they can always eat another brand of pasta. Everyone is free to do what they want, provided it doesn’t bother anyone else.
The company apologized for the unfortunate remarks on Facebook and Twitter. However, we all know the internet doesn’t forgive overt bigotry that easily.
15. Writer and wife of New York City mayor candidate Bill de Blasio, Chirlane McCray, is switching pastas.
“If you don’t like our message, find another pasta brand.”Invitation accepted, #Barilla.
Sorry @barilla you lost another anti-bigotry customer today.
San Remo wins at equality and marketing. #sanremo #barilla
#boicottbarilla #boycottbarilla This is where Barilla pasta belongs! I won’t feed this slop to my kids!
- President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump had their first dance to Frank Sinatra's "My Way" at an inaugural ball 🇺🇸
- On his first day in office President Trump signed an executive order to "minimize the economic burden" of the Affordable Care Act.
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into the nation's capital for the Women's March on Washington 👭 💖