Statement from the president on the passing of Harold Ramis:
Michelle and I were saddened to hear of the passing of Harold Ramis, one of America’s greatest satirists, and like so many other comedic geniuses, a proud product of Chicago’s Second City. When we watched his movies—from Animal House and Caddyshack to Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day—we didn’t just laugh until it hurt. We questioned authority. We identified with the outsider. We rooted for the underdog. And through it all, we never lost our faith in happy endings. Our thoughts and prayers are with Harold’s wife, Erica, his children and grandchildren, and all those who loved him, who quote his work with abandon, and who hope that he received total consciousness.
3. Here is the scene from Caddyshack where the president got that “total consciousness” bit:
- At least four people are dead and 20 are injured in what police are treating as a possible terror attack outside of Parliament in London.
- The Republican chair of the House intelligence committee said it's "possible" Trump and his team were surveilled during foreign intelligence gathering.
- Documents about ties between fired Trump adviser Michael Flynn and Russia need to be turned over to House investigators, say oversight chairmen.
- And a three-year-old stealing the pope's hat is pretty much the best thing you'll see today 😇