So, in case you’ve been living under a rock that doesn’t have a decent WiFi connection, EastSiders is a series that follows the aftermath of a cheating scandal between gay L.A. couple Cal (Mad Men’s Kit Williamson) and Thom (As The World Turns’ Van Hansis). The first episode debuted on YouTube in December of 2012 to such a positive reaction that the rest of the season was then completely funded on Kickstarter in just four days, eventually leading to a pickup by LogoTV.
Today Williamson (also the series creator) announced via press release that season 2 is now underway. So, why is that such good news? I’m glad you asked!
2. 1. One Cast Member Has Already Made TV History
Van Hansis (Cal) is perhaps best known for portraying Luke Snyder, one half of soap opera supercouple Luke and Noah on As The World Turns. On August 17, 2007, Hansis made the gay history books (“Gay History” is a subject, right?) when Luke and Noah shared American daytime drama’s first ever gay male kiss. It’s pretty amazing how far we’ve come in such a short amount of time.
4. 3. The Rest of the Cast is Pretty Great Too…
Maybe you’ve watched Kit Williamson as nerdy Ed on Mad Men? Or Sean Maher as sexy Dr. Simon Tam on Firefly? or Brea Grant as obsessive “hot chick” Ryan Chambers on Dexter? Or Matthew McKelligon in James Franco’s Interior. Leather Bar. Or Traci Lords being Traci Lords? Do I really need to go on?
12. 8. There’s Actually a Really Great Story
Williamson is an award-winning playwright with a Broadway background, so you know going in that this isn’t just another cheesy gay web series with lame dialogue. On the surface, this is a show about relationships and infidelity, but it’s really about so much more: double standards, dirty secrets, and the funny messes we make out of our lives.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- President Trump has given House Republicans an ultimatum: Pass their health care bill Friday or he'll move on to other issues.
- The Republican health care bill is "anti-woman," said the president of Planned Parenthood, whose organization would be defunded by the legislation.
- The suspect in the London terror attack near Parliament, who was killed by police, has been identified as 52-year-old Khalid Masood.
- Donald Trump had a photo op in a semitruck. The photos were too good not to become a meme — and the internet delivered 🚛👍