38 Under-$20 Kitchen Gadgets And Tools That Are Basically Too Cheap To Regret Buying
Including a silicone soup freezer, a personal ice cream maker, and a singing egg timer.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A truly ~egg-celent~ rapid egg cooker that'll whip you up an omelette (or soft-, medium-, or hard-boiled egg as well as poached eggies) without you ever having to dirty a pan. Reviewers even use it to steam frozen dumplings!
Promising review: "So neat and fun to use! I used it the next morning after the delivery, and I cook my eggs only in the Dash Go. It cooks every egg so perfectly, and they come out so fluffy every time. It cooks a variety of egg dishes, and you can cook vegetables, and some meat like fish. Very wonderful kitchen gadget, and I highly recommend you make a dash to buy the Dash Go Rapid Egg Cooker if you love eggs! You will not be disappointed!" —Tonya
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in five colors).
2. A wine vacuum for saving your open bottle of vino for the next night. We'll cheers to you not having to pour out another half full bottle of wine for many, many happy years.
My colleague Natalie Brown swears by this wine saver. Here's what she has to say:
"It literally creates a vacuum seal: you wet the rubber cork, stick it in, then use the pump to suck out all the air remaining in the bottle. When it makes a *click* sound, you know you're done! I've owned one of these for eight years now, and my parents have had one they've used regularly since the early nineties. Just think of how many glasses of wine just those two have saved!"
Promising review: "I’ve owned one of these for the last five years. If sealed with Vacu Vin, an opened bottle will be good for an extra three days easily. No more feeling obligated to finish the bottle so it doesn’t go bad. We keep spares to give out as last minute gifts to wine drinking friends and everyone who’s gotten one loves it." —Phizak
Get the pump and stopper from Amazon for $11.88+ (available in two colors and in multi-packs).
3. A pint-sized electric ice cream maker so you can make your own custom ice cream, sorbet, or gelato since you've basically tested all the flavors at the store during quarantine.
Promising review: "This is a high quality product, affordable, fast, very easy to use — just one to three steps to make a great ice cream, sorbet, or frozen yogurt with a simple recipe book. I do not like to and can't follow instructions, but I find this easy to use. And since you could control your own ingredients, you could make it healthy (or not) and it's delicious and fresh. I am an ice cream lover and was looking to buy an ice cream maker so I can make it at anytime at home. You can make a smaller portion just for yourself or more servings to share with others. Very enjoyable product, I would highly recommend it." —Kulanan M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99 (also available in red).
4. A handheld milk frother to convince you to forgo a trip to a coffee shop in favor of making a luxurious latte at home.
Promising review: "I bought this to whip my milk and creamer for my coffee and I LOVE IT! Oddly my coffee tastes BETTER! And I used it for whisking eggs and other small things and it works like a charm! I might buy another to keep by the stovetop. Great price!" —Dea
Get it from Amazon for $9.34+ (available in five colors).
5. A cold brew maker if coffee is your lifeblood and you need at least three cups to get anything done.
It brews a quart (4 cups), so you should have enough java to get you through the day (and maybe some left over to share with your favorite coworker).
Promising review: "If you LOVE iced coffee (I drink it year round regardless of the weather) then you NEED this cold brewer. I work for Starbucks and I love our cold brew. I was skeptical to make it at home but I love it more than theirs. It’s especially nice since Starbucks only brews one kind of beans for cold brew, but at home you can brew your favorite kind. Absolutely love this and it’s worth more than it costs. A must-buy for yourself or a wonderful gift for the coffee lover in your life!" —j.blaine
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
6. A manual food chopper because it can slice and dice fruits, veggies, herbs, boneless meats, and ice with ease *and* without taking up a lot of space on your counters or hurting your ears with its shrieking mechanical whirring.
It's also dishwasher-safe (top rack only!) so cleanup is easy peasy.
Promising review: "This is great for cutting lots of veggies super fast. All you have to do is rough chop down your veggies toss them in and give it four to five pulls for perfectly diced chunks for salsa or toppings on eggs or tacos. It comes with a handy cover too so all you have to do is rinse the blade and toss the container in the fridge or cooler." —Kevin B.
Get it from Amazon for $15.12+ (also available in green).
7. The ~Guac-Lock~ that'll preserve your precious guacamole when you can't finish the whole avocado yourself. This container pushes out the air that causes your avos to oxidize so you can enjoy guac and mashed avocados for toast for days without browning.
Promising review: "I love guacamole, but I'm the only person in my house that will eat it. Making guacamole for one is a waste of time, but making a standard recipe always ended up being a waste of guacamole. Enter the GuacLock. This DISHWASHER-SAFE (!!!!) kitchen gadget truly delivers! To be honest, I was skeptical and didn't expect much. I made guacamole three days ago and have enjoyed it every night since. No gross brown color. No off taste. On day three it was just as fresh as the day it was made. I've shared this product on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat; I feel like all of my friends need to know about this one. If you're actually reading reviews and trying to decide whether or not to add this to your cart. Stop. Just do it! You won't regret this purchase." —Allison Horis
Get it from Amazon for $18.84.
8. A Souper Cube, a silicone freezing tray for storing perfectly portioned meals. Prep a recipe ahead of time and freeze them in these trays so you can quickly grab them as needed and defrost them for an easy meal.
Each tray has four fill lines — 1/2 cup, 1 cup, 125 mL, and 250 mL — which is ideal for people who like to portion their food.
You may remember Michelle and Jake, the founders of this small business, from their appearance on Shark Tank!
Promising review: "These are perfect for those huge batches of soup or casseroles that need to be saved for later. I have the 2-cup containers. Easy to fill and there is a measure line. Foods freeze safely and this is convenient for the freezer." —Lou
9. A prep-and-pour cutting board so you can transfer your ingredients straight from the board to the pan. Now you don't have to make multiple trips from the counter to the stove. Plus that annoying thing that happens where you scoot the ingredients into the pan with your knife except the board is too wide for the pan and some of your chopped tomatoes spill off the side and onto the floor and now you have to clean that up — yeah, that won't happen with this.
Promising review: "I love the convenience of this cutting board. You can cut up small portions of vegetables without dirtying up a big cutting board. Easy to put veggies on a salad. My kitchen is small, so this is perfect." —Carol Martin
Get it from Amazon for $8.10+ (available in three sizes and five colors).
10. A microwave pasta cooker to save the day when you want soft, cheesy, noodly carbs but don't want the hassle of boiling water, cleaning a giant pot, and struggling to strain your noods without spilling hot water everywhere.
Read our Fasta Pasta Microwave Cooker review!
Promising review: "I bought this microwave pasta cooker at a time when I did not have a stove. Even though I have a stove now, I still use this cooker for dinner for myself sometimes because it works so well and quickly! Be careful and read instructions carefully as you must leave the top off while cooking it. There are lines to indicate how much water to put in the cooker versus the amount of pasta you intend to cook. The pasta comes out very soft and perfectly cooked when instructions are followed. When the pasta is done, the lid is used to drain the cooker of water and works very well. I highly recommend this to any college student or adult who needs a fast microwave pasta cooker!" —Kelsi
Get it from Amazon for $16.99.
11. A 3-in-1 burger press if you're firing up the grill this summer with — gasp! — regular burger patties. Sure, you can make boring hamburgers or you could bite into a cheesy stuffed burger. Don't make your tastebuds miss out because you didn't know this existed. (Pssst! You can even use it to make sliders!)
Promising review: "Really well made product. It is sturdy and works great, I foresee this lasting for quite some time. It is very easy to use and can make stuffed burgers as well as regular burgers. I also bought the paper sheets recommended because then I can buy ground beef on sale and shape and freeze my own hamburger patties. It saves quite a bit of money to do it this way as opposed to buying already made ground beef patties, not to mention the taste is sooooo much better!" —deborah
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
12. An itty bitty knife sharpener, because nothing says "IDK how to cook" like smushing your veggies and dangerously sawing through hard fruits and meat with a dull knife.
Promising review: "Wow! I was going to buy some whet stones to sharpen my knives but I know I’d be too lazy to use them. Then I saw this gadget advertised on BuzzFeed and though I’d try it for the price. It works exactly as stated. It won’t restore knicked blades but it sharpens amazingly good. Knives that I’ve had for years I was able to sharpen and cut with ease." —Amazon Customer
My colleague loves this lil' guy, saying it "totally ~transformed~ my hodgepodge of a knife collection, and probably saved my clumsy self from lots of close calls with dull knives." Read her full KitchenIQ knife sharpener review.
Get it from Amazon for $5.99+ (available in four colors).
13. A terra-cotta bread warmer that'll keep your tortillas and rolls nice and toasty. With just a few extra minutes of prep, you'll enjoy warm, fluffy bread for all of dinner.
Promising review: "Fit my serving dish perfectly and really does help keep the rolls warm. Very pleased with my purchase. Just be sure to measure the serving dish you plan to use to make sure it's the right size. Very pleased with this purchase. I have a lot of dinners and this is an easy way to make sure you have warm bread/rolls throughout the meal." —Tanya
Get it from Amazon for $11.58.
14. A lasagna trio pan for helping you prepare meals for everyone during quarantine, regardless of their dietary restrictions. Mamma mia! *insert chef finger kiss*
Promising review: "I've been making lasagna for my family for YEARS and always used a lasagna pan without sections. What a PAIN! It was harder to prepare, and when it came to cutting and serving..it was something I dreaded. Everyone wanted an 'end' that was crispy, Everyone wanted either a small piece or a large piece...so cutting it was impossible. With these trays, prep was a breeze, as was cutting any size because it didn't slip and slide. It was as easy as pie...and everyone got a 'crispy edge.' Cleaning was one, two three...NONSTICK! If there were 10 stars for this item, I would give it 10." —Linda Tesoroni
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
15. A heart-shaped mini waffle maker so breakfast doesn't look like another sad bowl of cereal. This lil' gadget weighs less than a pound, heats up in minutes, and also works with chaffles (low-carb cheese and egg waffles), paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas.
Promising review: "I bought this about a year and a half ago and completely forgot about it in the back of my pantry. Well, since we're all in quarantine, I've been doing some cleaning and I stumbled across my little waffle iron. I decided to finally give it a try and made a half dozen waffles, and I have to say, this thing worked great and cleaning wasn't difficult at all! Obvious tip: use the slightest bit of cooking oil spray (PAM) and the waffles come out perfect every time!" —Tom M.
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in a variety of styles).
Check out my colleague's more in-depth Dash mini waffle maker review!
16. A perfect egg timer to ensure that every egg you make from here on out is your preferred level of "doneness." (No more rock hard yolks when you dream of a runny center.) The face on the timer will change colors to indicate how cooked your egg is, removing any guesswork. Medium-boiled egg of my dreams, I'm coming for ya!
Promising review: "This thing is the bomb.com Seriously, buy one. You won't regret it. Works the first time and every time after that. I was slightly concerned when I first got it out the package. The lines that tell you how hard or soft the egg will be cooked were really hard to see. Nothing like the videos I had seen. Never fear, toss it in the pot of water and voila! Easy to see the lines!" —gunmetalgreen
Get it from Amazon for $8.36.
17. Or a singing egg timer if you're too busy to wait around for your eggs to cook. This timer floats when your eggs are ready and sings a little tune so you're not wasting time or eggs.
Brainstream is a small business started by engineer and inventor Dr. Rupprecht Gabriel.
Promising review: "Perfect eggs. Hard boiled, soft boiled, and medium boiled. Plus, silly songs to make you smile and to tell you when ready. When you order, please note, different colors play different songs. Surprise someone with this." —Nora
Get it from The Grommet for $19.95 (also available in red).
18. A set of magnetic air fryer cheat sheets because guesstimating cook time will most likely result in food that's still raw or burned to a crisp.
Promising review: "So glad that I came across these very handy sheets. I love having this information handy and easy to use. The magnetic sheets are strong and stay in place well, even with the fridge door opening and closing a lot. It's handy having them right in view for quick reference. It helps us to use the air fryer more, as it's easy to glance over and time things correctly. I like that it is a dark color so it doesn't get messy as easily, and it has all the things we are most likely to use the air fryer for. The envelope the magnetic sheets come in is cute and would make a nice gift, perhaps in a basket or bag of related items. Happy to have these!" —Small~Town~Girl
Get them from Amazon for $11.45 (also available in white).
19. A microwave- and dishwasher-safe steaming tray that'll cook your fish and veggies at the same time and faster than it'll take the oven to heat up.
20. And eco-conscious reusable silicone bags for upgrading your boring quarantine meals in so many different ways. Use it to marinate meat, for sous vide, and to store food and keep it tasting fresh. Unlike regular plastic sandwich bags, these are dishwasher-safe so you can use them over and over again.
Promising review: "I've tried a LOT of reusable bags as there are a lot of options out there all using a variety of materials. The fabric ones just get gross over time. The vinyl ones are hard to clean and aren't usually dishwasher-safe. There are other silicone ones that need a separate rod to close them that you can easily lose. This one is the most simple and easy to use. No separate pieces to lose. Can withstand any temperature/microwave/dishwasher/whatever. And if they get gunky they are very easy to clean." —Megan A.
Get them from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in a variety of sizes and colors).
21. A sandwich bag holder so you can pour your leftover pasta sauce into a bag and not all over the counter.
Promising review: "As a single person, one of my biggest challenges is cooking. I prefer to make larger quantities — usually in my Instant Pot — and then separate them into servings and freeze them. Trying to freeze a lot of containers took too much space, so I decided to try freezer bags. Since it was a mess to put servings into bags, I ordered these bag clips to help, and they do. I mostly use sandwich-size baggies, which fit well, and the stands hold the bag open so I can add the food. Then it is easy to freeze the bags flat for future use." —cymart
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $11.35.
22. A set of three dough presses to turn out fresh, restaurant-quality calzones, dumplings, empanadas, hand pies, and ravioli by hand instead of eating the same frozen meals for dinner every night.
Promising review: "This was a great purchase for the price. I was making empanadas and folding them by hand, which didn’t look too good. This set helps me cut them easily into circles and then easily presses them close. Consistent look each time! I like that there are three sizes in the set so I can make them according to my mood. Easy to wash and use. Would highly recommend for the price and functionality!" —Sox
Get a set of three from Amazon for $6.33.
23. A sushi-making kit if you're battling the urge to order delivery sushi...for the third time this week. This kit comes with everything you need (minus the rice, fish, and add-ins), and reviewers say it's easy to learn, even for first-time sushi chefs.
Promising review: "Oh my goodness! This product was so easy to use! Well worth the money! I’m always skeptical on buying products like this because I’m not always sure on the reviews, I hate wasting money. If your on the hunt to find the right tools to make your own sushi I definitely recommend buying this product!" —Jamie
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
24. A pair of five-blade herb scissors because you can go snip, snip, snip and have a bowl of freshly chopped herbs in seconds. No more dirty cutting boards, messily chopped herbs, and hands that now reek of said herbs.
It also comes with a pair of kitchen shears.
Promising review: "An avid cook and I cannot believe I’ve never used these. Great size and comes with accessory that makes cleaning a breeze (and I do dread cleanup). Cuts prep time way down. I’ll be gifting these to my friends who also spend a lot of time in the kitchen." —kimberli calma
Get the set from BuzzFeed's Goodful collection on Amazon for $14.99.
25. A bacon sponge that'll absorb excess grease without requiring single-use paper towels. Just soak these polyester and organic cotton cloths in hot water and a degreasing soap to keep them clean.
GreenCityLiving is a small biz based in Denver that specializes in eco-friendly home goods. They donate 1% of sales to Climate Emergency Fund, an organization that supports climate activists.
Promising review: "These are amazing!!! They work! And no stains!!! I was concerned that since I don’t use Dawn or a big name brand dish soap, my earth-friendly soap might not cut the grease as well, but that was not the case! My bacon sponge is perfectly clean and spotless! I love it! So glad I ordered two! I couldn’t be more pleased!!!" —cattealover
26. A snap-on silicone strainer for straining veggies and hard-boiled eggs in addition to pasta. It clips onto nearly any pot, big or small, so you don't lose any precious cargo when you dump out the water.
27. A silicone baking mat so the cheese that oozed out of your mozz sticks wipes off cleanly. No more scrubbing so hard at burned on food that you give yourself a hand cramp.
Promising review: "I like to do what I can to reduce my carbon footprint but I don't want to make my life unnecessarily difficult or ineffective. These mats allow me to eliminate the use of foil or parchment paper on my baking sheets, thereby saving money and being that much less potential product in the landfill. So far I have baked breadsticks and roasted vegetables on them, and they work like a charm. The heat distribution is great and they're nonstick without using spray or oil. If I had a complaint, it would be that they're a little hard to clean by hand due to how bendy and flexible they are and the fact that oil and grease seems to want to stick to it like a magnet. It isn't a big deal, though, and I'll be buying more of these." —Michelle Daniels
Get a set of two from Amazon for $9.63.
28. A set of silicone egg poaching cups to make you the most picture perfect poached eggies — no yolk! Toss 'em on two slices of bread with avocado and some veggies for a heartier avo toast lunch, add them to salads, eat them over fried rice, and so much more.
Promising review: "I think this is the ultimate way to poach an egg. I have tried egg rings but the eggs just keep leaking out so that was a fail. The metal poacher is a headache to clean and always comes with a four slots. What if I want to cook just one egg? Still have to use the whole thing to just cook one, and that really is not a simple way. The silicone egg poacher, it’s simple, it’s fast, and silicone is safer than metal and plastic. The ring stander makes it steady for microwave cooking and in boiling water too. Just love them." —Happy cat
Get four from Amazon for $11.97.
29. A silicone donut pan if you want to try your hand at making at at-home version. It's also great for baking homemade bagels that'll make you swear off the store-bought kind.
Hungry? Inspired? Try our super easy no-yeast Greek yogurt bagel recipe.
Promising review: "It was my first time making protein donuts and I needed pans. These looked cute. Might buy some. And sure did. Love them. They don’t even burn like the dang metal pans. Easy to clean. Nothing stuck to them. Usually if I bake, half of the mix stays on the dang metal pan. Well not anymore! Also they come with recipes. Score. My recipe was from Kodiak Cakes though. I modified. And damn son! Protein donuts." —Gloria Reneau
Get two pans from Amazon for $5.99.
30. A corn peeler because getting kernels stuck between your teeth is enough to make you swear off corn on the cob forever. With this lil' guy, you can still enjoy this magical yellow veggie.
Promising review: "Of all of our Prime Day purchases, what is my favorite you ask? This mf'ing corn cobber. It makes a mockery of a corn cob in a blink of an eye! Who wants corn juice and butter all over their face?! With this little bad boy, you can eat corn in peace knowing that it won't get stuck in your teeth, it won't destroy your face with a butter bath and it's so fun to use you may punch your grandma at the next crab feast." —Jared
Get it from Amazon for $8.99.
31. A pack of reusable toaster bags that'll help you get an ooey gooey grilled cheese in your belly at 2 a.m. without having to dirty the entire kitchen. They're also great for preventing cross contamination for people with Celiacs.
These reusable bags are good for 50 to 100 washes and can hold pizza, chicken nuggets, and pastries.
Promising review: "Who can say no to a mess-free toasted panini in under four minutes? Or frozen chicken nuggets or fish sticks... The sky is the limit with what you can fit into each of these toaster-safe bags. This is a late-night grilled cheese made in two minutes from heaven!!!" —corey
Get a set of four from Amazon for $7.99.
32. A dishwasher-safe meat trimmer for safely and quickly slicing fat and skin with just one hand.
Rob Wheeler originally created the Qwik Trim for the staff at his barbecue catering company.
Promising review: "I'm very pleased with this trimmer. It seems to be quite well-made; the blade is beyond razor sharp (and the storage cover is appreciated and a must). It works beautifully to trim fat and silverskin. It already has a place of honor in my kitchen tools bin." —Calvin
Get it from The Grommet for $19.95.
33. A set of oven liners so you can catch crumbs before they permanently attach themselves to your oven. Raise your hand if you hate cleaning your oven. Great. Now take that same hand and click the "add to cart" button.
Promising review: "I got tired of cleaning the bottom of my oven out after every drip and spill, or running the 'oven clean' option, which uses up so much energy and makes my house HOT during the process. I used to have foil on the bottom of the oven to help with spills, and that improved things greatly — but then you have to replace the foil after a while. I had to cut them to size, which was easy to do with a simple pair of household scissors. Then I placed them in the oven (they look nice!), and I waited for it to get messy. I cooked something super messy and finally needed to clean the liner. It was SO easy; I put it in the sink and used my sink sprayer and everything immediately slid right off the liner. No problem! I have a double oven, so I was glad this pack came with more than one. I have one in each oven and one on standby in case I need it. I know that having a dirty oven isn't the worst thing in the world, but if it matters to you, try these!" —Hpg
Get a set of three from Amazon for $11.99.
34. A genius measuring cube to save you time by not having to switch between different sets of measuring spoons and cups. This cube packs 19 measuring devices into one! And it's microwave- and dishwasher-safe.
35. A microwave veggie steamer if you have approximately 10 minutes between meetings to make lunch and can't wait for a giant pot of water to boil. This collapsible silicone steamer heats and softens your veggies from raw or frozen in mere minutes so you actually have some time to enjoy a hot meal before opening up Zoom.
Promising review: "Hey, do you find it tedious to use a pot and colander to steam your veggies? Me freaking too. Bought this and the full-time single mom that I am living in a tiny space loves it. Steams frozen veggies in my microwave in six minutes. Easy clean up, no fuss, and compact. Only drawback is that it’s somewhat flimsy right out of the microwave (but to its credit it’s collapsible and hot so...still not a deal breaker for me). Just be careful!" —MargaritaMomDays
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in two colors and two sizes).