14 Glorious Photos Of Cosplayers Celebrating Their Art Form
New book Cosplay World explores the evolution of costume play, a small curiosity in Japan that became a global phenomenon.
1. Yaha Han as Camilla from the anime film Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.
2. Kamui as Wonder Woman.
A Daft Punk costume built and worn by Bill Doran (left), and Knightmage as Venom from Spider-Man.
4. Checkley as Savage Opress from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
Boomie (left) of the cosplay group Strawberry Censor as Gon Destroyer from Blade & Soul, and Goldy as Alphonse Elric from the manga and anime Fullmetal Alchemist.
6. Danny Kelley as Superman.
Maria Rivera (left) as Wonder Woman, and Chaka Cumberbatch as Captain America.
8. Shawn Thorsson as a Spartan from Halo.
Voroninsky (left) as Empress Himiko from the video game Atlantica Online, and Jibrii Ransom as the Marvel Comics character The Black Panther.
10. Lyz Brickley as Garrett from the video game series Thief.
MangaFreak150 (left) as Cheza from the anime Wolf’s Rain, and Meagan Marie as Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones.