4. Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Jared’s parallel rock career in 30 Seconds to Mars was almost scuppered by a major label lawsuit, detailed in the documentary Artifact. While this was a downer for Leto, all those complex legal negotiations must’ve left some time for pancake eating.
5. Best Actress in a Leading Role, Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
In Blue Jasmine, Cate plays a former socialite who’s fallen on hard times. We’d hope that she still finds time to enjoy pancakes - because let’s face it, they’re a lot cheaper than foie gras and lobster.
6. Best Picture, 12 Years A Slave, in this case represented by Chiwetel Ejiofor
Chiwetel is one of the few people here who’d know what Shrove Tuesday is, having grown up in Forest Gate. We hope tomorrow he’s somewhere able to enjoy a good traditional British pancake, perhaps with lemon and sugar
All images from The Pancake Oscars.
- Donald Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- President Barack Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Blue Lies Matter: Video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good 🛀