4. Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club)
Jared’s parallel rock career in 30 Seconds to Mars was almost scuppered by a major label lawsuit, detailed in the documentary Artifact. While this was a downer for Leto, all those complex legal negotiations must’ve left some time for pancake eating.
5. Best Actress in a Leading Role, Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine)
In Blue Jasmine, Cate plays a former socialite who’s fallen on hard times. We’d hope that she still finds time to enjoy pancakes - because let’s face it, they’re a lot cheaper than foie gras and lobster.
6. Best Picture, 12 Years A Slave, in this case represented by Chiwetel Ejiofor
Chiwetel is one of the few people here who’d know what Shrove Tuesday is, having grown up in Forest Gate. We hope tomorrow he’s somewhere able to enjoy a good traditional British pancake, perhaps with lemon and sugar
All images from The Pancake Oscars.
- Authorities are removing Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- Apple just unveiled lighter, thinner MacBooks with touch-sensitive panels for instant emoji access (and other uses) 💻✨
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀