33 Cozy Things So You'll Actually Enjoy Your College Dorm
Even your RA will be jealous of your spot after hooking it up this good. 🤪
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A princess-style sheer canopy because sure, you'll be sleeping in a bed that's half the size of the one you have at home but that doesn't mean you can't still sleep like royalty. 👑 🛌
2. An affirmative comforter to remind you that "Good things are coming" because of course they are, you fabulous college student you!
3. A BedJet 3 Climate Comfort that'll basically turn your dorm bedding into the perfect cozy place — without you freezing OR overheating at night. This baby'll cool, warm, OR dry your sweat right in your bed — and will do so for any bed or mattress size.
4. A fluffy faux-fur rug to upgrade your basic dorm room chair (or, ya know, just the floor) to something a tad more glam.
5. A set of blackout curtains you may want over the window to block out that early morning sun when you need extra recovery time from those late nights.
6. Or? An entire light curtain to give your dorm a literal wall of lights for a super-cozy glow when you're hanging out at night.
7. A Rumpl fleece throw blanket that'll come with cape clips so you can wrap yourself in it and keep it wrapped — hands-free. Warning: Once you curl up in this, you'll probs be in for the night.
8. A candle warmer so you get the cozy vibe of candles without actually lighting a flame. (No flames allowed in dorms or apartments, ya know!)
9. And! Eucalyptus wax melts to set on top of your warmer to put a scent in the air that'll give your dorm a spa-like feel.
10. Wireless sleep headphones that'll play white noise or whatever music you'd like to catch some ZZZs to — all inside a headband that'll fit comfortably around you so you lay comfortably and block out your loud roommate.
11. A piercing pillow with a donut shape so you can still get that sweet side sleep even with a freshly pierced ear. No more tossing, turning, and straining your neck all night to prevent ear irritation.
12. Smart plug-ins to help you turn devices on and off using an app on your phone! You'll also be able to set timers for when you want devices to shut off when you're not in your dorm. Time for lights out? You don't even have to move!
14. Satin pillowcases to add some elegance to your dorm room. They'll also help you sleep soundly knowing your hair will likely remain frizz-free and your skin won't be victimized by the tough cotton pillowcases that can cause breakage and breakouts.
15. A cute lil' cushioned dish chair for extra seating in your dorm when you're not trying to lay up in the bed but also don't wanna sit in an office chair either. And it's foldable for easy storage!
16. A bed rest pillow with arms and an adjustable head cushion so your neck and back can relax properly as you WFB (work from bed).
18. A faux-cowhide rug that'll give your dorm a very put-together look. There's even one with gold flecks in it in case you're in the ~moooooo~d for something a lil' more gilded.
19. A gel-enhanced seat cushion to give your tush the TLC it deserves when you spend hours studying. It's specifically designed to support your tailbone to minimize the sharp pain that often comes with all that on your bum.
21. Organic linen spray so you can snuggle into sheets that smell like freshly washed linens if you haven't had time to do actual laundry this week between classes. 😬 A few spritzes will buy your nose a lil' extra time. 😏
22. A handmade bubbly ottomon to keep those feet propped and give your dorm the feel of a chic apartment in the city.
23. A small yet super–eye-catching bud vase to bring some color to your spot. These are small enough to easily fit on a windowsill or to brighten up your desk in your dorm without taking up too much space.
24. A two-sided tea stand to transform your mountain of tea boxes into one organized stash so you can grab the exact tea bag you want right when you need a warm mug to hold on to when you're curled up in your bed.
25. And! An adorable handmade cozy so you can grip your mug of tea (or coffee!) without burning your fingers.
26. A mug warmer to keep coffee warm while you kick it in the room. Because everyone knows, coffee will always be best sipped over time without having to hop up and microwave it in the community kitchen every 30 minutes.
27. A gorgeous geode planter that'll also double as a tea light holder if you're not the plant-lovin' type. (But use the LED tea lights, please, peeps!)
28. A cordless, wooden phone speaker to put on your desk that'll amplify the sound from your phone with zero wires, batteries, or power sources! You can even personalize it to make it extra unique.
29. Plush coasters so your nightstand and desk stay in tip-top shape when you sip from your drinks. And more importantly? You'll have some cute lil' images in your room adding extra color and fun.
30. A light-up Pokémon terrarium — home to a Charmander that's obviously gotta catch some ZZZs. It's ridiculously cute and this'll be one pocket monster you'll gladly never, ever have to let out for battle.
33. A waffle-knit blanket set made with a linen-cotton blend meant to keep you cozy while remaining breathable so you don't overheat.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.