1. Once upon a time you wanted to be Hildy Johnson and/or Rory Gilmore.
2. You dream in AP Style.
3. When your source says they can't comment until the morning after your deadline.
4. This is the stuff of your nightmares.
GOD MAKE IT STOP!
5. And when you ACTUALLY send a page to the printer with a typo...
6. When your editor asks you to add some more quotes to your story an hour before deadline.
7. Everyone keeps trying to tell you print journalism is dying, but you're just like:
8. When copy editors starts messing with your headline.
9. ADOBE. IN. DESIGN.
10. The amount you know about your co-editors is obscene.
11. When a fight breaks out in the newsroom during editorial and you just stare at your computer screen like.
12. When you hear other students complaining about pulling one "all-nighter" that only lasted until 2 a.m.
13. When a reporter doesn't meet their deadline and tells you they're sorry but they "just didn't have time to write this week lol oops sry!"
14. You become immune to criticism.
15. When all your friends pursuing business degrees are getting paid summer internships and you're just sitting here fact-checking for free.
16. When you find out the managing editor and the photo editor are hooking up and you want to tell everyone.
17. Production night, hour 12 in the office.
18. When you're iPhone decides not to record the killer interview you just did...
19. ...or your computer crashes midway through transcribing a 40 minute interview.
20. When your roommates try to stage an intervention because of the excessive hours you spend in the newsroom.
21. But you know that no one except your co-editors, who stay up all night perfecting photo captions and drinking coffee and PDFing pages with you, will ever understand.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!