31 Beauty Products From Target That Have Hundreds Of 5-Star Reviews For A Reason
From must-have $3 eyeshadow palettes to a life-changing volcanic oil roller, the 5-star reviewers have spoken, and we must now listen.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed collects a share of sales and/or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation boasts over 4,000 5-star reviews, which says a lot about a foundation that costs less than $5. The matte coverage and light-diffusing feature ensures a flawless complexion that can't be beat.
2. Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Max Night Moisturizer goes deep underneath the skin's surface with its powerful complex of retinol, niacinamide, and peptides to hydrate skin while also tackling wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, and texture issues.
3. Love Beauty and Planet Murumuru Butter and Rose Shampoo features nourishing murumuru butter as its star ingredient, which helps keep color-treated hair from fading, but is actually great for all hair types.
4. Pixi by Petra Glow Tonic is a cult-favorite beauty product that has bewitched everyone from Kim Kardashian to Jourdan Dunn, due to its powerhouse combo of ingredients. Glycolic acid helps exfoliate and renew skin texture while aloe vera, ginseng, and other botanicals keeps skin hydrated and protected from damaging free radicals.
5. e.l.f. 16HR Camo Concealer was already a fan-favorite thanks to it being an impressive and affordable dupe to Tarte's Shape Tape, but it garnered a whole new audience after TikTok users got a hold of it. If you haven't tried this concealer yet, it's time to add it to your cart.
6. Maybelline Eye Lash Sensational Mascara won the hearts of almost 3,000 5-star reviewers with its ability to give lashes incredible length and fullness with only a couple of swipes. No need to pile on the mascara with this one.
7. Honest Beauty Everything Matte Primer has over 7,000 5-star reviews praising the primer for minimizing pores, fighting oil, and creating a smooth canvas for makeup — all without silicone contained in primer formulas of the past.
8. Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Body Lotion has earned its top spot as a loved drugstore body lotions as it keeps skin moisturized and glowy without feeling greasy. (And it smells incredible, too!)
9. Ardell Wispies False Eyelashes should be considered the cherry on top of anyone's makeup look. These lashes are natural-looking and comfortable to wear, so they make a great "starter lash" for anyone who is just getting into falsies.
10. NYX Professional Makeup Bare with Me Tinted Skin Veil is a lightweight tinted moisturizer that provides the perfect amount of base coverage for a natural, daytime look. Cucumber and aloe extracts make sure skin is soothed and nourished.
11. Burt's Bees Micellar Makeup Removing Wipes removes stubborn makeup, dirty, and impurities without stripping the skin. No wonder it has 2,000 5-star reviews.
12. NYX Professional Makeup Matte Liquid Eyeliner Black earned its spot as the holy grail product for liquid eyeliner aficionados because it is heavily pigmented, has a smooth application, and lasts long, making the perfect tool for an impeccable cat-eye.
13. e.l.f. Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette only costs three bucks, which is an out-of-this-world steal considering how many eye looks you can create with it. Collect them all!
14. Covergirl truBLEND Base Business Face Primer preps the skin for makeup to last all day by smoothing out texture without feeling heavy on your face. It also comes in a variety of options depending on your concerns, from reducing redness to minimizing pores.
15. Milani Make It Last Prime + Correct + Set Makeup Setting Spray sets makeup for up to 16 hours, in case you have a long day of wearing makeup ahead of you. It's been compared to more expensive setting sprays, like MAC, and costs less than 10 bucks.
16. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Face Cleanser makes a wonderful face wash for sensitive skin types, but it's great for anyone. It has a comfortable creamy formula free from parabens and sulfates that removes dirt and makeup effectively.
17. L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Fresh Wear Foundation with SPF 25 serves face, literally. is a full-coverage foundation that provides a smooth finish without feeling heavy and protects the skin from UV rays at the same time.
18. Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss gives lips a beautiful shine without feeling sticky — a must for lip gloss fans. It also comes in 11 shades so you can wear a new color every day! Variety is the spice of life (and lipstick), after all.
19. Revlon Oil Absorbing Volcanic Roller picks up excess oil better than pricey oil-blotting facial sheets from Tatcha or Shiseido because it uses volcanic stone instead of paper. It's not only less wasteful, but also comes in the form of a much cooler tool that you can take with you anywhere.
20. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Beauty Sponge Makeup Blender is preferred over a Beautyblender by many makeup lovers due to its affordable price point and defined edges that work well for all types of makeup application.
21. Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter will make you feel like you have the Midas touch thanks to its highly pigmented, golden glow. The shade Molten Gold, in particular, makes a worthy substitute for Charlotte Tilbury's now discontinued Bar of Gold Highlighter.
22. L'Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Lip Stain proves that you really don't have to spend a lot of money to get a luxury-looking lip. It's richly pigmented and lasts all day, but still feels lightweight. If you're looking for a holy grail lipstick, this might be it.
23. Almay Lip Vibes Lipstick might not withstand mask-wearing (though, to be far, not many lipsticks do!), but it still looks gorgeous, feels comfortable, and goes on smooth. Plus, that packaging would brighten up anyone's makeup collection.
24. Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer boasts over 9,000 5-star reviews, and has earned its position as a key staple in many pro (and non-pro) makeup kits for easy application and a perfect sunkissed glow. It also contains murumuru butter, which hydrates and nourishes the skin. We love some secret skincare in makeup!
25. Olay Regenerist Detoxifying Pore Scrub Cleanser exfoliates to improve texture and appearance. Pores be damned!
26. Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original Acne Patches are an easy and effective product for pimples as you just stick that sucker on and forget about it while it does its thing. Plus, it's discreet and will help prevent the urge to pick (which can cause scarring!).
27. Weleda Skin Food Original Ultra-Rich Cream is the ultimate skin savior no matter what the season. There’s a reason why this multi-purpose moisturizer gets such good reviews and is loved by everyone from Priyanka Chopra to your favorite beauty vlogger. It has botanical extracts made from organic chamomile, calendula, and wild pansy plus nourishing sunflower and sweet almond oils to help hydrate the driest skin.
28. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream destroys frizz even in high humidity — we're talking 97 percent, thanks to the presence of nourishing argan oil. No wonder it has over 900 5-star reviews!
29. Revlon Salon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer cuts down on styling time by simply being a genius two-in-one product. It works by drying damp hair while smoothing it at the same time, allowing you to skip your flat iron afterward. At almost 2,000 5-star reviews, this hot tool has a serious fan base.
30. Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar goes above and beyond the typical cleanser. It's a 3-in-1 product that also acts as an exfoliator and a brightener, and contains key ingredients azelaic acid, kojic acid, and licorice root. Fans of the product also say that it helps with acne while preventing scarring.
31. Garnier SKINACTIVE Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Makeup Remover and Cleanser is an award-winning product for a reason — it gets all your makeup off when you're too lazy to wash it! (Though, you should probably double-cleanse.) It's the perfect alternative to the OG micellar water, Bioderma Sensibio H2O, and is about half the price. Can't go wrong with that.
Some reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.