We asked the BuzzFeed Community to tell us about products that actually saved their dry or damaged hair. Here are the things that worked for them:
1. It's a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin, a treatment that protects, nourishes, de-frizzes, and seven other things.
2. Nourishing treatments by Hask that come in tiny, inexpensive packages.
3. DevaCurl shampoo, conditioner, and styling products restore curls to their healthy, bouncy selves.
4. Use products from the Redken Extreme line to turn that forest fire into amber waves of grain.
5. Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Wild Ginger haircare line, which is color-friendly and sulfate- and paraben-free.
6. Leave-in hair treatments by CHI that protect strands from heat abuse.
7. Use Olaplex during coloring. Use Olaplex after coloring. Olaplex.
8. The Garnier Whole Blends incorporates yummy natural ingredients in its paraben-free formulas.
9. Look fresh out of the salon with Aveda's Damage Remedy conditioner.
10. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle could only be more perfect if it gave you abs in the same amount of time.
11. Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner, for salon-grade rebalancing and restoring.
12. Shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatments by Alterna Caviar make your hair look silky and expensive.
13. Moroccanoil products that use the essential fatty acids found in argan oil to add strength and shine to hair.
14. The tried, the trusted, the Original Mane 'n Tail.
15. Davines OI All In One Milk for extraordinary softness and strength.
16. COCONUT OIL (capslock to indicate reader enthusiasm). Drench your locks in a coconut oil mask to naturally remedy frizz and dryness.
17. Keratin products by ApHogee help reduce breakage and split-ends caused by chemical processing and heat styling.
18. Restore health and smoothness to naturally textured hair with SheaMoisture's shampoo, conditioner, and hair masques.
19. L’Oréal EverPure and EverSleek shampoos and conditioners to replenish moisture stripped away by sulfates.
20. For $2.99, this Marc Anthony Hydrating Coconut Oil and Shea Butter conditioning treatment resuscitates dead hair and protects color.
21. Neutrogena Triple Moisture and Triple Repair haircare proves the solution to bad things also comes in threes.
22. Supplement your haircare routine with essential oils for deliciously natural growth and repair.
23. Rehab shampoo by Lush, for your troubling addiction to bleach, dye, and styling.
24. Organix argan oil, moisturizing deep treatments, shampoos, and conditioners directly infuse hair with much needed vitamins and proteins.
25. The other "good" cholesterol, Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream.
26. Revlon Nutri Color Creme comes in an array of pigmented hues for an easy color update while you condition.
27. Scissors, because you're a murderer. Your hair is dead. Get rid of the body and accept your new life as a fugitive with a lob.
The reviews for this post have been edited for length and clarity.