We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Psst! Amazon has a section featuring products that people put on their wish lists and registries most often. Here are some of the coolest and most useful products from that section this week:
2. A sweet owl who’ll soothe babies with sound and light.
Promising review: “Our son is three months old now and we have used this every night since we brought him home from the hospital. It is a key part of his bedtime routine, and he has been sleeping really well at night! He seems to really like the heartbeat/white noise. We like the other sounds as well, but that one is his favorite right now for sleeping.” —Edward P. Chambers
3. A bar-style dining table with built-in storage.
Promising review: “I love this table. We have a very small dining area and this table fits perfectly: it doesn’t take up a whole lot of space, but is large enough for three or four people to have a quick meal. The storage space is a bonus for adding decor to the room. Also, it’s pretty light for a table, so you can move it if you need to clean the floor under it.” —Amazon Customer
4. An inflatable play set for kids that’s sure to make adults jealous.
Promising review: “We bought this inflatable pool for my 2.5-year-old daughter to splash around in in our yard. We’ve used it two weekends so far and she is loving it. It’s the perfect size for her and a friend or two to throw the balls back and forth or slide between the two pools.” —Melissa Weigand
5. ~Magic~ jelly lip gloss that changes color and tastes like fruit.
6. A compact cookware and mess kit for camping enthusiasts.
Promising review: “An excellent product that is both low in cost and in weight. I used the product on a backcountry hike in Bandelier National Monument and it performed excellently. The cooking pot is also very durable, with no scorching or discoloration of the finish in spite of multiple uses.” —Henry Nichols
7. A strategy board game that’s as scary as it is fun.
Promising review: “Wow, this game is like an RPG board-game based on every good horror movie ever made, which also plays like a mystery (think of Clue) with a very awesome plot twist. It reminds me a little of those Choose Your Own Adventure books that were so popular in the ’80s, except that you’re competing with up to six players and the story possibilities are virtually unlimited (which adds a serious creativity factor and makes for high re-playability value).” —Wiz
8. A smart device that will allow you to control your sprinkler system from your phone (or laptop).
Promising review: “I ordered the Rachio based on its positive rating and comments: they don’t do it justice. I hung it on the wall, plugged the wires in, powered it up, and used the app to set it up. From box to ‘testing’ was no more than 15 minutes. Wi-Fi was a breeze: pulled a good signal from my router all the way across the house.” —CMfromCA
10. An airbed cot that’s great for comfortable camping in a tent *or* for indoor houseguests.
Promising review: “I bought this for my girlfriend and I. She isn’t a big camper, so I wanted to make it as enjoyable as possible. Talk about luxury! This bed is nicer then the bed I have at home!” —Josh Wagoner
12. A set of incredibly bright knives that’ll never get lost in a cluttered kitchen drawer.
Promising review: “These are the best knives I’ve ever had. They are also the least expensive, which amazes me. These are super sharp and cut through everything I’ve used them on with ease. I couldn’t be happier. These will be my go-to housewarming gifts from now on.” —Nicolette Steele
13. A solar-powered, motion-activated light you won’t need any tools to set up.
Promising review: “The strong sticky back allows you to put them anywhere. I have them on a block-cement chimney, a wooden fence and vinyl siding. They go up quickly, no issues at all. Place them where you get good sunlight and you will have no problems. The light comes on at dusk and stays on a low light all night. If you walk close to them, say within eight to ten feet, they shine brightly for about 30 to 40 seconds and then go back to dim light.” —Edward Thompson
14. Crowned pens that’ll make you feel like a queen (or king or prince or princess or…you get the idea).
Promising review: “The pens are really cute. They have a very fine tip (which I like), and blue ink. They seem to be pretty well made. I gave one to my four-year-old and it has made it through her playing with it.” —Amazon Customer
15. Magnetic tiles that kids will have so much fun snapping together (at home or in the classroom).
Promising review: “Amazing, will entertain time and time again. I love to see our kids’ imaginations come to life with these. We’ll be saving these through raising all our kids and keep for the grandkids someday!” —Amazon Customer
18. A sign to stick on your dishwasher to let people know if it’s filled with dirty or clean dishes.
Promising review: “I got this and immediately put it on my dishwasher. It already has a magnet on the back of it, but it also came with a sticky thing (if you wanted to attach it a bit more permanently) as well. The color is bright and it makes the font easy to see and read. This will last quite some time in our home and will hopefully solve the age old question of, ‘Are the dishes dirty or clean??’ THANK GOODNESS!!!” —Jamie L.
19. A portable booster seat that can be folded up and packed into a carrying bag.
Promising review: “I love it for traveling. It doubles as a camping chair. The crotch strap/buckle is too far back, but it does not cause the straps to cut into my 1-year-old’s legs. You really don’t need to buckle your child in because the tray is secure enough (if you have it pushed back and latched all the way).” —Jennifer Kauffman
The comments for this post have been edited for length and clarity.
- At least four people are dead and 20 are injured in what police are treating as a possible terror attack outside of Parliament in London.
- Documents about ties between fired Trump adviser Michael Flynn and Russia need to be turned over to House investigators, say oversight chairmen.
- Some Republican senators are urging caution in dismissing Trump's wiretapping claims, despite the FBI and NSA saying there's no evidence.
- And a three-year-old stealing the pope's hat is pretty much the best thing you'll see today 😇