Amazon has a list of products called “Movers and Shakers,” which is pretty much just fancy talk for things that are currently ~trending~.
Here are some of the coolest and most useful things found on the list this week:
1. A bar of handmade bamboo charcoal soap that can help with breakouts and eczema.
2. Socks that'll turn your heels into sweet lil' cats.
3. An easy-to-use precision cooker you can control using your smart phone.
Promising review: "I've been looking into Sous Vide cooking for over a year now reading reviews etc. I finally pulled the plug on this model and couldn't be happier with this purchase. We've used it everyday for over a month now. You name it we've cooked it (eggs, steak, pork roast, vegetables, fish, desert toppings.. and even used it to ripen fruit!) Not a single complaint. I won't bore you with descriptions of how the juicy or wonderful or delicious meals have been as its already been said dozens of times in these reviews. If you are considering this purchase, just be aware you can't use it to cook a meal in a hurry and you need to plan ahead. (Think of it like cooking with a crock pot... low temperature cooking over long periods of time ... slow and steady) ." —Espresso Fan
4. A toaster that'll make Mickey fans say, "Aww, gee!"
Promising review: "Love this product! I am a Disney fanatic and nothing brightens my day more than Mickey's face on my toast first thing in the morning." —Amazon Customer
5. A snuggly sleeper for newborns that does triple duty (you can also use it as a rocker or a playtime seat).
6. Rubber rain boots for kids that are so cute, they'll make you hoot.
7. A 38-in-1 precision screwdriver set to help you tighten glasses, take apart electronics, and dozens of other household tasks.
Promising review: "This is a great deal! Comfortable driver with a rubber grip. It has a magnetic head, so small screws stay stuck to it and don't get lost. It has a nice, long extension for getting in to tight places plus all the specialty pieces I needed to work on my Macbook Pro laptop. Great price, too!!!" —Bradley R.
8. A copy of Hidden Figures (the book) to start reading as soon as you get out of the theater after seeing the movie.
9. A scratch art note pad that'll make writing out a "buy milk!" reminder so much more fun.
10. A basic midi dress to wear with tights in the winter and bare legs in the summer.
Promising review: "So fun and pretty! Really comfortable, full, swing. I like it so much I ordered it in another color and my sister wants it as well! We wear it with a crop vest and belt, looks great! And is so comfortable!" —Y.C.
11. A puzzle for kids with a passion for building.
12. A shelf to "float" beneath a wall-mounted tv and hold a cable box, DVD player, or video game system.
13. An orthopedic bed that your pet will want to nap on for hours on end.
14. Plus a pack of rubber balls to use on your next trip to the dog park.
Promising review: "KC loves these balls and so far cannot figure out how to destroy them!" —Katherine Conner
15. A set of spatulas for icing cakes (or even just a slice of toast).
Promising review: "The blades seem perfect—thick enough that they won't bend or break, yet thin enough that they flex slightly to the shape of the cake. The handles seem well-made and strongly attached to the blades. I can't imagine why anyone would need to spend more money on icing spatulas. These are great!" —Photodad