1. A handy book that teaches skills that college doesn't.
Like how to find an apartment, what all that stuff on a paycheck means, and how to ask someone out on a date.
Get it from Amazon for $7.45.
2. A cookbook they'll actually use.
3. A dainty espresso maker that will fit in any dorm room or postgrad hovel.
4. A cute money organizer that tracks purchases and store receipts and bills.
Get it from Amazon for $12.
5. A scratch-off map for those who are immediately going abroad...or will do it someday!
6. A ceramic storage set with vacuum seal lids that keep food fre$h.
Leftovers that last = save those dollar bills.
Get them from Urban Outfitters for $34.
7. A complete cocktail set for the aspiring scientist.
8. A slow cooker that comes with three bowls in different sizes — to feed one, a couple, or a whole party.
9. A classic weekend bag that'll actually hold up on overnights or trips.
10. A bestselling electric wine opener for the inevitable transition from boxed to bottled wine.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
11. A Groupon to a local spa for a good post-thesis massage or schmancy dinner.
Especially great for friends and relatives who want to pamper from afar.
Check out local options that fit every budget here.
12. An alarm clock you have to flip to turn off.
No more snoozes.
Get it from Soho Design Shop for $55.