1. Sorry ladies and gents: It looks like everybody’s celebrity crush is going off the market for good!
A source told PEOPLE, “George and Amal are trying to keep things very low-key but they also aren’t really trying to hide this, it doesn’t seem. I think it’s like they want the people they love to know that this is real, that they plan on being together forever.”
Apparently the engagement happened “not that long ago, I think,” and the couple don’t appear to have wedding plans in the works as of yet.
Clooney is a notorious bachelor with a long dating history: he was previously married to actress Talia Balsam in 1989 before divorcing in 1993, and has been linked to actress Renée Zellweger, British model Lisa Snowdon, Italian actress Elisabetta Canalis, and former professional wrestler and model Stacy Keibler.
Though him and Keibler split last July, the model settled down and married entrepreneur Jared Pobre last month.
Clooney’s rep told BuzzFeed “I don’t comment on his personal life.”
5. Update: The engagement has been confirmed in a statement released by Alamuddin’s firm.
6. Congrats to the lovely couple! Now excuse us while we go cry.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.