1. Brisket Burger at Acre in Auburn, Alabama
Does one full pound of brisket covered with white cheddar, onion jam and crispy pork belly, all sitting on a brioche bun, sound like something you’d be into? Oh, it does? Oh, OK, good. Go get a mouthwatering brisket burger at 210 East Glenn Ave., Auburn, AL 36830, then!
2. big WAC at Green in Phoenix, Arizona
Double the vegan patty, double the fun. Green’s burgers are simple — patty, special sauce, vegan cheese, lettuce, and onions — but their simplicity lets those patties really shine. Grab one for yourself at 2022 N 7th St., Phoenix, AZ 85004.
3. Hatch Burger at Umami Burger in Los Angeles
Umami Burger has started its USA takeover with locations now in New York, California, Chicago, and Vegas. This is good news for burger lovers, who now have lots of places they can pick up Hatch Burgers (roasted green chiles, house American cheese, roasted garlic aioli).
4. Veggie Burger at Plum Café in Sacramento
A good veggie burger can be hard to find, but when they’re right, man are they right. The handmade burgers at Plum are risotto sunflower seed patties, which allows them to keep their form and have a little bit of a crunch when cooked up. Dig in at 2315 K St., Sacramento, CA 95816.
5. Hamburgers at Hodad’s Burgers in San Diego
Hodad’s burgers are like burgers wearing high heels. Stacked so high you can’t eat them in one bite, these burgers are worth the work. Check them out at one of three locations in San Diego.
6. Best Damn Grass Fed Cheeseburger at 4505 Burgers and BBQ in San Francisco
Say that five times fast. How’d you do? It doesn’t matter. Not much matters besides the beautiful quarter-pound of grass-fed beef waiting for you at 4505, covered in Gruyère cheese and a special secret sauce, sandwiches perfectly between two griddled sesame and scallion buns. If you’re all in, head to 705 Divisadero, San Francisco, CA 94117.
7. Cricket Burger at Cherry Cricket in Denver
Sometimes you want a burger that has been crafted for you, and sometimes you just want to be able to make the exact burger that you’re craving. Cherry Cricket lets you mix and match to your heart’s delight. Go classic with lettuce and tomato or go bold with peanut butter spread at 2641 E 2nd Ave., Denver, CO 80206.
8. Proper Burger at Duke’s Grocery in Washington, D.C.
Duke’s changes their menu day to day, but their Proper Burger keeps people coming back. It’s TWO patties with smoked Gouda, sweet chili sauce, charred red onions, dill pickles, arugula, garlic aioli, and a fried egg on top. Get your grub on at 1513 17th St. NW, Washington, DC 20036.
9. The Walking Ched at Zombie Burger in Des Moines, Iowa
Take a deep breath, because Zombie Burger’s Walking Ched burger uses breaded deep-fried macaroni and cheese for their buns and then loads it up with bacon, cheddar cheese, caramelized and raw onion, mayo, and more mac and cheese. OK, now breathe out. Zombie walk over to 300 East Grand Ave., Des Moines, IA 50309 to grab one for yourself.
10. Double Cheeseburger at Au Cheval in Chicago
The burgers at Au Cheval are seriously loaded up: double patty, double cheese, fried eggs. It’s a treat for the stomach and the eyes. Order one at 800 W Randolph St., Chicago, IL 60607.
11. The Haven Burger at Haven in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
The Haven Burger is 8 ounces of beef smothered in huntsman cheese with a bacon-onion marmalade and topped with a house-made pickle sauce. It’s salty, gooey, sweet, crisp, and available at 2 Perkins St., Boston, MA 02130.
12. Any type of burger you want at Krazy Jim’s Blimpy Burger in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Build it up, build it down. You can customize your burger at Blimpy Burger, and what is better than that? Pick it up at 304 S. Ashley, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
13. Schatzi Burger at Schatzi’s Pub in Poughkeepsie, New York
A burger at Schatzi is a special treat, because not only does it have 8 ounces of LaFrieda blended burger meat, it also has crispy pork belly, melted cheddar, potato, green onion rosti, Schatzi sauce, and is all sitting between two beautiful toasted pretzel buns. Grab some deliciousness at 202 Main St., Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
15. ‘Shroom Burger at Shake Shack in New York
It’s rare that a veggie burger is so good that meat-eaters happily eat it up, but Shake Shack’s ‘Shroom Burger is just that good. It’s a fried portobello mushroom that is filled with melted Muenster and cheddar cheeses and topped with lettuce, tomato, and ShackSauce. Grab it at one of the many locations in New York or around the States.
16. Peanut-Butter-Pickle-Bacon at Killer Burger in Portland, Oregon
Love meat? Love peanut butter? Killer Burger is here for you with their Peanut-Butter-Pickle-Bacon burger. It has bacon (obviously), smoky house sauce, mayo, grilled onion, and a pickle. Pick one up at 510 SW 3rd Ave., Portland, OR 97204.
17. Buffalo Bill at Hopdoddy in Austin
A Buffalo Bill would make any cowboy proud. A bison patty covered with blue cheese, hot sauce, “sassy sauce,” and apple-smoked bacon, it’s one for the books. Pick one up for yourself at 1400 South Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704 or 2438A W Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757.
18. Hell Burger at Ray’s to the Third in Arlington, Virginia
Ray’s is great because you can make your own burger and the options are pretty much endless. You get to pick the size of your burger, the seasoning, and the toppings. Plus, it’s Obama certified. See for yourself at 2300 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA 22209.
19. Verde Burger at Red Mill Burgers in Seattle
Red Mill’s Verde Burgers are simple and scrumptious. Fire-roasted Anaheim peppers and Jack cheese give the burger its heat and flavor, while Red Mill’s own Mill Sauce seals the deal. Bonus: There is also a verde chicken burger if you’d rather. Check out both at 312 N 67th St., Seattle, WA 98103.
20. Cheeseburger at The Spot Drive-In in Kenosha, Wisconsin
Spot Drive-In is a no-frills burger spot. You won’t find any fancy topping options, just a good old-fashioned burger. If simple is your style, head to 2117 75th St., Kenosha, WI 53143.
21. Big O at Oscar’s Pub & Grill in Milwaukee
Bring your big appetite to Oscar’s for a Big O, an 8-ounce Black Angus burger with chipotle Jack, Gouda, bacon, chorizo, fried onions, and jalapeños. Let it fill your belly and dreams at 1712 W Pierce St., Milwaukee, WI 53204.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."