2. Skarsgård happened to stop by BuzzFeed HQ today (as his everyday self) and revealed why he donned his drag apparel.
3. We asked him why he showed up in drag and what his inspiration was.
“We shot the movie in San Francisco. Mari [Heller], the director, is from San Francisco, and she wanted to do a big screening for friends and family who shot the movie there; it takes place in San Francisco. We had a bunch of drag queen on the crew. Our first AD was Cousin Wonderlette; the casting director for the extras was Lady Bear, who is a legendary drag queen in San Francisco; and we had Peaches Christ.”
“We had a small group and we all became really close, and you know, dear friends of mine. And Mari wanted them to host the screening at the Castro and do a number from The Rocky Horror Picture Show before and do a big fun drag queen after-party. And I just felt, I asked, I didn’t want to be excluded from the fun. So I asked if there was any way I could come in drag, and they were nice enough to say yes.”
“And I found out — Mercedez Munro was the drag queen who did all my makeup, and at the after-party the drag queens came up and said, ‘Oh, have you met my mother, have you met my daughter?’ The drag queens said that while introducing people. I didn’t quite understand what that meant, but then Mercedez told me, ‘I am now your mother.’ Because whoever does your drag makeup the first time becomes your mother. So I now have a drag queen mother.”
9. And none of this would be complete without his very own drag name.
10. To which we said, “That’s a lot of name,” and he responded…
11. Here’s video from his visit:
- At least 36 people have died in Friday's fire at a warehouse party in Oakland. Officials say they are no where close to finding a cause.
- Almost a month after the election, NC Gov. Pat McCrory has conceded defeat to Democrat Roy Cooper.
- Jill Stein has filed a federal lawsuit in Pennsylvania for statewide recount of the 2016 election, after she withdrew a request in state court.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏