1. If anyone can recapture the spirit of Little Orphan Annie, it’s Quvenzhane Wallis.
That charm! That smile! That precociousness!
3. But can we just take a moment and talk about how the original “Annie” was kind of perfect?
These orphans FTW.
5. I mean, this is just…
6. Major props to Aileen Quinn, maybe the only non-annoying Annie ever?
OK, less annoying Annie. Plucky young people are always a little bit irritating.
10. Look, this isn’t even Bernadette’s finest role or anything, but it’s still amazing.
The wig alone.
11. And who could be cuter than the original Molly?
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness.
13. R.I.P. This dog.
14. But don’t be sad! Quvenzhane is going to rock this remake.
Have you seen her moves?
16. Besides, you can always rent the original! (Or buy it. Just buy it.)
It’s available on Blu-ray, in case you were wondering.
17. And remember…
Do I even need to say it?
20. Will do, Annie. Will do.
- Trump's pick for education secretary, Betsy DeVos, could face a contentious confirmation hearing — at least by the standards of the position.