2. 1997: “Prefontaine”
Jared Leto’s first starring role was in the movie Prefontaine, in which he played ’70s athlete Steve Prefontaine. He looks the part, with dirty blond hair, sideburns, and a mustache that was probably considered sexy a few decades ago.
9. 2002: “Highway”
It’s like he’s physically incapable of staying in the present. This 2002 film was set in 1994, the week before Kurt Cobain’s suicide. Leto looks like a punk, and you probably wouldn’t have been into it even if the year were actually 1994.
13. 2007: “Chapter 27”
We already knew he could lose weight for a role, but in 2007, Jared Leto got really chunky to play John Lennon’s murderer Mark David Chapman. He did not carry the weight terribly well. But, you know, good on him for committing. Also he got gout.
14. 2009: “Mr. Nobody”
Yep, that’s Jared Leto under all the old age make-up. After a few years focusing on his music, he returned to acting with Mr. Nobody, in which his character eventually aged to 118. Nobody needs to live that long. Look how wrinkly he gets!
15. 2013: “Dallas Buyers Club”
Dramatic weight loss once more — scary dramatic this time. Check out these Terry Richardson photos to see just how skinny he got. Leto is almost unrecognizable playing a transsexual prostitute with AIDS. As it turns out, shaving one’s eyebrows makes all the difference.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞