2. TBH, I don’t know much about Ariana Grande.
But I do know that her name sounds suspiciously like it could be a Starbucks drink. So I decided to go to my local Starbucks and order one to see what would happen. The results were delightful.
After I asked very nicely, if they could — on the spot — create an “Ariana Grande” drink, thinking this question would lead to a very confusing conversation, my cashier didn’t miss a beat. Starbucks was on top of its game. The cashier yelled to a lovely barista named Amy, asking if she would create an Ariana Grande drink, and Amy was super excited to flex her creative coffee-making muscles. She shouted back she would make something…”young and playful” (not her exact words).
Amy told me it would have “extra everything” because she thinks Ariana would want it that way. And she wasn’t kidding: It ended up being one of the most flavorful drinks I’ve ever tasted.
I — and the other customers — watched in awe as Amy worked her magic, carefully topping off the drink with extra caramel.
After the perfect amount of caramel (that Ariana would want) was dispensed on top, Amy had completed the masterpiece that is the Ariana Grande. The recipe is as follows:
The Ariana Grande
• Start with the base of a grande-sized “Cotton Candy Frappuccino” (which is a vanilla bean and raspberry Frappuccino from Starbucks’ secret menu).
• Add extra mocha syrup.
• Add extra mocha chips.
• Top with extra whipped cream.
• Finish with a generous caramel drizzle.
The only question left to answer was how would it taste?
There was only one thought that came to mind when I took the first sip — and it was that it tasted like there was a DISCO TECHNO CIRCUS PARTY IN MY MOUTH. After a few more sips I realized it also tasted like a melted raspberry chocolate truffle. It was both disgustingly sweet and delicious. I think Ariana Grande would definitely approve.
Will Starbucks add the Ariana Grande to their secret menu? I don’t know, but I sure hope they do, because I would love to order it again.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪