1. Find some quiet time in your day.
Even if it’s just five minutes in the morning or right before bed — set the timer on your phone and just focus on your breathing. Trust me, it’s life-changing.
2. Drink A LITTLE more water.
Now, don’t go buy some giant water bottle to lug around all day; we all know that won’t last. Just try to drink a little more water — maybe a cup with your morning coffee. Setting the bar low means you’ll be more likely to keep it up, which is better than a water binge followed by a dry, dry year.
3. Take a few more walks.
You don’t need to run a marathon, just walk to the watercooler every now and then. It feels good to get up.
4. Look up at the sky some more.
Day or night, something about looking up at the sky always put things in perspective.
5. Call your friends and family sometimes instead of texting.
It’s really nice to hear a loved one’s voice. Better yet, FaceTime sometimes too.
6. Sleep more.
Sleep. as. much. as. possible. in. 2016.
7. Watch more cute animal videos.
Get lost in their fuzziness.
8. Be kinder and more forgiving to yourself.
In 2016, make it a point to treat yourself how you’d treat your BFF. Would you call your best friend gross if she had a zit? No, I don’t think so, so why do that to yourself?
9. And most importantly, give fewer fucks.
Life is fleeting; 2016 will be one more year closer to becoming one with the Earth again. Don’t waste time worrying about dumb shit.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.