21 People Shared Something Good That Happened To Them This Week, And — Spoiler — It’s Very Good
I'm not crying, you're crying.
1. "My mum was in an induced coma and on a ventilator due to the coronavirus. Now, thanks to the amazing work of doctors, nurses, and the HSE (Ireland's health services), she is awake, smiling, and getting healthier every day. Being able to FaceTime her when she woke up was the best thing that's happened to me since this all started."
2. "At the shelter I work at, we’ve been fostering a guinea pig who recently came in pregnant and emaciated. We’ve decided to officially adopt her after she’s had her babies!"
3. "My 4-year-old nephew has really gotten the hang of our weekly family Zoom meetings. This past week, he had us do a scavenger hunt in our homes, and then he’d decide the winner. For the last round, it was his turn to find something. I told him, 'Go find something you love.' He came back and brought his baby brother."
4. "I got a job as a scientist at NASA!"
—Amanda Nahm, Facebook
5. "My 10-year-old cat Chuy has been sick, and vets feared he could have nasal cancer. After a biopsy of his lymph node and a chest X-ray, he was given the all clear. No cancer!"
6. "Last week, my family found out that my dad and Nana both had the coronavirus. This Sunday, they were both released from hospital and are now recovering in their homes."
7. "I’m 22 weeks pregnant, and my husband felt our baby girl kick for the first time. I had two miscarriages before this pregnancy, and we can’t wait to meet our rainbow baby."
8. "My husband recently recorded a song during his lunch break, and it went viral as the 'singing UPS man!' That led to him being featured in a news story about essential workers this week, which was very exciting!"
9. "I got to visit my brother at his nursing home. It made my day to see the look on his face when he opened his blinds and saw me standing outside the window."
—Mary Helen Conoly Ticknor, Facebook
10. "I’m a 32-year-old mom of two and I’ve been attending college on and off for 15 years to graduate. When the coronavirus shut down the school, I still needed to get my lab hours, so my college came up with an alternative plan to help me graduate in time with my degree."
11. "I work in the medical field and have been socially distancing from friends and family to keep everyone safe. I was able to have a quarantine-friendly birthday with no-contact delivery and lots of love. I even received a tripod so I could have my traditional 'birthday photo' taken."
12. "My sister left me an Easter present with all kinds of goodies at my front door while I was away. I’m single and living alone, and social distancing sometimes makes me feel lonely. The sweet gesture made me feel so loved."
13. "I was offered admission to my dream graduate program! I completed my undergraduate degree after attending college on and off for 10 years, so it feels amazing to have my hard work rewarded and validated."
14. "I made the perfect pain au chocolat for the first time!"
15. "Since my nanny and I can’t see each other right now, she visits my letter box (we live opposite each other) and delivers newspaper puzzles and sometimes chocolate, which always makes my day."
16. "I was able to witness one of the purest, most joyful moments ever while spending time with my dog. This time in quarantine together has been cleansing and healing for me."
17. "I became a great-grandma again today."
—Malinda Haynes, Facebook