11. “The Hero and the Crown” / “The Blue Sword” by Robin McKinley
McKinley is an underrated author, partly due to the slow starts to her books. But the level of intricate detail is beautiful and by the end you’ll be wishing the book would never end. You ride that horse, girlfriend!
16. “The Dragonriders of Pern: Dragonflight,” “Dragonquest,” and “The White Dragon,” by Anne McCaffrey
These books are a classic science-fiction/fantasy series and they’re books from which other similar books are derived from. Read them until they’re worn and dog-eared, and then read them again. There are multiple sequels, but these three are the original. Welcome to the land of Pern, darlings.
20. “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley
You’ll be hard pressed to look around society today or watch another reality TV show after reading this book and not think twice about where the world is going. It’s a phenomenal societal commentary that predicted the future in many ways and warns of the dangers of ignorance, gluttony, and greed.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed its first round-the-world flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️