2. Here are some of the lyrics:
We’re living in a joke time, metaphorical coke time/
Commerce and girl men/
Run the whole world men
…Quick scam and drag queens/
Real life’s been blasphemed
Serial criminals dressed in variety/
Subliminal dressed up as piety
7. Lauryn Hill responded to critiques that the song was homophobic with a statement on her Tumblr.
It was super confusing.
Neurotic Society is a song about people not being, or not being able to be, who and what they truly are, due to the current social construct. I am not targeting any particular group of people, but rather targeting everyone in our society who hides behind neurotic behavior, rather than deal with it.
The world we live in now is, in many ways, an abhorrent distortion, an accumulation of generations and generations of response to negative stimuli.
Everyone has a right to their own beliefs. Although I do not necessarily agree with what everyone says or does, I do believe in everyone’s right to protest.
15. You can read her entire Tumblr post here.
16. And listen to the full song here:
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it — and it could get worse ❌📰