1. Lauryn Hill has announced that she will soon release her first album of new material since 2002.
4. Lauryn Hill’s last full album of new material was MTV Unplugged 2.0.
5. The album, which was made up of stories and minimal acoustic originals, was a huge departure from Hill’s previous work and was not well received by fans or critics, though it was certified platinum.
6. Since then, Hill has released only one new song (aside from providing guest vocals on tracks by John Legend and Method Man). “Repercussions” was released as a one-off digital single in 2010.
7. Even if she’s been out of the studio, she’s spent a good amount of time on the road. Here’s a totally fierce reworked version of her hit “Lost Ones” at Coachella in 2011.
8. Hill has been out of the public eye for a long time, so it’s worth remembering that she’s one of the most talented artists of her generation. If you haven’t heard The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill recently, revisit it. It’s a true masterpiece.
- David Fry, the last of the Oregon wildlife refuge occupiers, has surrendered to the FBI, ending a 40-day protest.
- Physicists have found gravitational waves: wrinkles in space-time that could open up a new way to see the universe 🔭
- Time for Democratic presidential debate number six: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders will face each other in Wisconsin tonight 🇺🇸