1. Brian Henson, Jim Henson's son, voiced the role of Hoggle.
2. Hoggle was the most difficult puppet to control. There were 18 motors in his face alone.
3. While the voice of the Wiseman was done by another actor, Frank Oz was the Wiseman's puppeteer. This guy has also voiced the most famous Muppet characters.
Not only has Oz voiced Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal, Bert, Grover, and the Cookie Monster over the years, he also voiced Yoda!
4. Jareth's face covertly pops up seven times in the film.
5. Baby Toby was played by Toby Froud, who was the son of the film's conceptual designer.
Toby now works as a character fabrication generalist and prop sculptor and has worked on ParaNorman and The Chronicles of Narnia.