Nothing unites this great nation quite like a mutual hatred of the centre of the universe. And, sometimes, even Toronto can't handle Toronto.
1. Driving is only somewhat more efficient than walking.
2. Even when we get a time-saving solution, like carpool lanes, everyone just complains about that too.
3. Our bike lanes are basically unusable.
4. There's a massive line to get Uncle Tetsu cheesecake months after opening.
5. We even line up for brunch.
6. We interrupt the news for live shots of escaped animals.
7. We have homeowners who complain to the media that a new hydro pole ruined the view of their million-dollar house.
8. And others who fret new townhouses “that are only $500,000” would drag down their property values.
9. The "second bedroom" in far too many apartment listings turns out to be a sad corner with a curtain for a door.
10. The 2015 Pan American Games secured one of the biggest acts in the world and everyone got all fussy.
11. Our Mayor doesn't seem to know the difference between Kanye and Drake.
At a press event, Mayor John Tory said Kanye is a "a proud product of our music industry."
12. And then he tried to make up for it with a really awkward video in which he ogled a photo of Kim Kardashian.
13. We've already spent years and millions of dollars on a hypothetical subway in Scarborough and there's still nothing to show for it.
14. Real estate is so expensive that a house that's literally sinking into the ground was listed for almost $700,000.
15. And a dilapidated shack straight from a horror movie was listed for $369,000.
"A Perfect Investment Home." Mmhmm.